cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

'Upgrading" display in 7941 phone on bootup

dgalati000
Level 1
Level 1

Have a 7941 that shows an 'upgrading' field (along with a few more columns) along top of display upon initial bootup via POE. Phone won't come out of DHCP disovery.

Never seen anything like that before...is this firmware, software, hardware? Any ideas on fixes or tshooting?

4 Replies 4

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi friend,

Have you done a packet capture to check for a clue to see what is causing that behaviour?

Regards,

- adrián.

Hi, I let it fninish the upgrade and its up now...thx.

I am having the same issue. My phones taking more than an hour to finish upgrading. It is odd because it doesn't seem to be affecting all phones, just some. It is odd, beause phone A and phone B are both in the same switch with identicle port configuration, but phone A comes up in 5 - 10 minutes and phone B takes an hour.

Possibly a cabling issue?

Has B finished downloading at all?

Perhaps you should start with the cable (L1), then look at the port more closely (verify the correct VLAN, etc), make sure your on the correct port on the phone. Do the typical swap outs to see if the issue follows the cable, port or phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: