cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Uploading device pack to subscriber CUCMs (ver. 12.5)

tdoucette314
Level 1
Level 1

When uploading a new phone device pack to my publisher CUCM everything is fine but when I try to upload the same device pack to the subscribers in my cluster it fails when trying to reach out to the tftp source folder I've set for it to reach out to.

-Is this expected behavior for subscribers since the device pack is already on the publisher?

-Is it because subscribers are typically Read-only?

-Should I be able to upload a device pack file to the subscribers in my cluster individually or are they strictly handled by the publisher?

-Are the device packs just pushed out to the subscribers from the publisher?

Thank you for your help in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Do a utils system upgrade cancel and try again.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

No its not the expected. You need to upload the device package on all nodes.

Since you are on 12.5 try installing using install/upgrade cluster option.

Untitled.png

Response Signature

Thank you for the quick turn around Nithin!

I should try using the install/upgrade cluster option on the publisher, subscribers, or all nodes?

The cluster upgrade option is only applicable to the publisher. It will do the installation on each subscriber node.

Response Signature

when installing on subscriber node, what was the error message ? 

Can you share the device package file name which you tried ? 

Response Signature

-Device Pack:

cmterm-devicepack12.5.1.13022-2.cop.sgn

-Error on subscriber:

The resource lock platform.api.upgrade.config is currently locked by process 25838@<<CUCM NAME>> (http-bio-443-exec-8-81) Please try again later.

Do a utils system upgrade cancel and try again.

Response Signature

That did the trick! Thank you!

No neither of this is expected. You should always install the device pack cop on all the nodes in a cluster and you should be able to install the device pack on all your nodes in your cluster with either individual installs on each node or with the cluster install command.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: