cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Uptime / Statistics reporting for CUCM

slongewa
Level 1
Level 1

What does everyone use for uptime / Statistics reporting for their clusters?  We're looking into reporting on system performance stats and I wanted to see if anyone out there had anything interesting that they were using for this purpose.  Any information that anyone out there can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

2 Replies 2

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Real Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT) has some performance reports and the Cisco RIS Data Collector Perfmon logs from RTMT are perfmon logs which contain performance information.  You can also use SNMP to get uptime and some reports from call manager.

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In traditional telephony, the answer/seizure ratio was a valuable measurement.

With call manager, you can query the callmanager perfmon object:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/8_5_1/rtmt/rtpmcm.html#wp1062348

I pull calls attempted/call completed - these are cumulitive values so you will have to pull daily, hourly, whatever

and subtract to get period totals then devide*100 to get ASR percentage for that time period.

From ITU e.411:

http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-E.411-200003-I/en

3.6.3          answer seizure ratio (ASR): ASR gives the relationship between the number of seizures that result in an answer signal and the total number of seizures. This is a direct measure of the effectiveness of the service being offered onward from the point of measurement and is usually expressed as a percentage as follows:

ASR = Seizures resulting in answer signal ×100 Total seizures

Measurement of ASR may be made on a circuit group or on a destination basis.

I would be interested to see if anyone has a good method for calculating NER:

3.6.9          network effectiveness ratio (NER): NER is desgned to express the ability of networks to deliver calls to the far-end terminal. NER expresses the relationship between the number of seizures and the sum of the number of seizures resulting in either an answer signal, or a user busy, or a ring no answer, or, in the case of ISDN, a terminal rejection/unavailability. Unlike ASR, NER excludes the effects of customer behaviour and terminal behaviour.
NER = Seizures delivered to the far-end terminal ×100 Total seizures

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: