Tom Ribbens
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm running a voice gateway with three connections:

- PSTN provider (ISDN)

- Legacy PBX (ISDN)

- CUCM (SIP)

I translate everything to E164 as soon as it comes in, so all routing is on that.

I have a dial-peer to the PSTN for +T, so anything we don't know about is sent there.

I have several dial-peers with the ranges to the Legacy PBX

And a dial-peer with a e164-pattern-map to the CUCM

The legacy PBX however uses overlap-receiving when dialing international numbers. For national calls however, it doesn't. Because of this, the introduction of this voice gateway has introduced a 5 second delay in dialing national numbers, the interdigit-timeout. 

Is there a way to make dial-peers Urgent, like it is possible on CUCM? Then I could create a couple of dial-peers for the national calls and make them urgent, eliminating the interdigit-timeout. 

The only way I can think about is to eliminate the +T dial-peer, and make seperate dial-peers for each possibility that is not +32 (our country code), which would be a hassle.

Kind regards,

Tom

6 Replies 6

You can use terminating digit in your +T dialpeer which will be stripped
and not sent to PSTN. In this case, it will be +T# (# is the terminating
digit). This will remove the timeout.

That would depend on how the '#' symbol if handled by the legacy PBX and if it causes legacy PBX to send a "completed sending" ISDN message. If, for example, '#' is simply ignored then the problem would persist.

If what @Mohammed al Baqari doesn't work, you would have to configure more specific unique dial-peers as when matching those, the call is instantly put through (no need to configure them as urgent priority).

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

This, I believe, is not true.

The e164-pattern-map towards CUCM only has specific numbers in them, no ranges, so it can't get any more specific to that. If we dial a CUCM number from the Legacy PBX, we still  get the interdigit timeout. 

Also, having the # as a terminator, would involve end user training. Or where do you propose to insert the # in the dial-string? 

Kind regards,

Tom

Can you share your dial-peer config and the output of 'debug voip dialpeer inout'?

Georgios

These are the dial-peers:

dial-peer voice 100 pots
description Proximus
destination-pattern +T
no digit-strip
port 0/1/0:15

!
dial-peer voice 300 pots
description Alcatel
destination-pattern +32152829[89].
no digit-strip
port 0/1/1:15

!
dial-peer voice 200 voip
description CUCM
preference 2
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:10.160.9.10
destination e164-pattern-map 200
incoming uri via 200
voice-class codec 100
voice-class sip options-keepalive
dtmf-relay rtp-nte

There are more, but they are just copies of dial-peer 300 with different number ranges.

As I stated before: the e164-pattern-map includes individual numbers in e164 format. They represent the users who have migrated from the Legacy PBX to CUCM.

What kind of call do you want the debug output for. Also, I might not have the possibility to get that output immediately.

Kind regards,

Tom

Please, attach as file, the complete dial-peer configuration (and e164 pattern map) so as to see why interdigit timeout is being hit. Make a relevant call and attach the requested debug output.

Georgios
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: