Helpful
Replies

Urgent Priority Question

I'm curious to find out why the below call fails, this is whats configured:

TP rule:
Pattern: !
CSS: Mobile_Test
Urgent Priority: CHECKED

IP-Phone-1: 4012 (UCCX_Agent) (UCCX_Agent_xTranslate)
IP-Phone-2: 4017 (UCCX_Agent) (UCCX_Agent_xTranslate)

CSS-Agent:
UCCX_Agent
UCCX_Agent_xTranslate

IP-Phone-1 dials IP-Phone-2 "401" before he finishes, he gets a reorder tone.

After some checking I found the only reason he can dial 401 to being with is that TP CSS has access to other DN's with starting DN "40" but not to 4017.

Urgent Priority is some to only avoid T302 when there is a mutliple matches and not to force routing. Also when Urgent Priority is checked on the 4017 DN, same thing happens.

Currently I avoid matching by using 0! instead of !.

Can someone tell me why this is?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200477-Urgent-Priority-Configuration-on-Directo.html

Logs are attached.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't think you're going to see any sort of sensible behaviour marking a variable length pattern as Urgent.  Urgent is supposed to be used on fixed length patterns, to make sure they're matched and routed without waiting for further digits.  I just don't see how that can be expected to work with a variable length, which inherently relies on timeout or explicit unblock dialling.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

You could try sticking in the DNA and see what it matching

I already did it matches and the call work also i enter the number full before i dial it works, this problem happens when dialing number by number.

En block dialing on other phones works. 

What are you trying to achieve with the "!" pattern that's marked as urgent?   That seems contradictory as "!" means any number of digits terminated by timeout or explicit dial command, so I would expect that making that urgent would immediately match the first digit dialled.

I use urgent priority because it needs to match RP without a T302 timer.

401X - IP-Phone agents
40[2-9]X - regular IP-Phone

Agents when dialing regular phones need to numbers transformed to 5000 and show original DN when dialing other agents.

I have resolved it by changing the TP to XXXX instead.

I just want to know why it's not find a match with or without the urgent priority.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you’re attempting a PLAR, the behavior differs depending on whether you’re using SCCP or SIP phones. If the latter you also need to configure a SIP Dial Rule.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/212073-CUCM-PLAR-Configuration-Example.html#anc6

The other thing that sounds strange here is your statement that the TP CSS has access to other patterns. CUCM won’t accept user input after matching a TP. You can’t dial beyond it, so to speak. Whatever digit string matched the TP, unless you transform it on the TP, is what used by digit analysis from there. If you have “0!” marked urgent then you will match the TP and begin digit analysis after the second digit is entered, i.e. “0[0-9]”. In CUCM the exclamation point matches one or more digits, similar to Unix \d+

I'm using the calling party transformation mask set to: 5000

0! TP, matches with outgoing RP with the access code 0.

I'm confused as there is no DN or TP/RP being with "401"

"CUCM won’t accept user input after matching a TP."

I cant find what is matching, as it doesn't have access to Partition with access to DN in the 410X Range.

I don't think you're going to see any sort of sensible behaviour marking a variable length pattern as Urgent.  Urgent is supposed to be used on fixed length patterns, to make sure they're matched and routed without waiting for further digits.  I just don't see how that can be expected to work with a variable length, which inherently relies on timeout or explicit unblock dialling.

even when its not marked urgent it matches, i also tried the 4XXX TP with and without the urgent priority and it was still matching TP which has 1000 options instead of the 4017 DN which is only 1 Option. CUCM uses closest-match logic for call routing, and as far as I remember the if a DN is created register or otherwise it be considered a potential match the same as TP or RP.

Which partitions are the various patterns and DNs in, and what do the CSSs of the phones contain?  Difficult to comment on any call routing issue without knowing that detail.  Although the fact that DNA thinks it works suggests it's a timeout vs urgent issue, as DNA simulates enblock rather than digit by digit dialling.

TP rule:
Pattern: 4XXX
CSS: UCCX_Agent
Urgent Priority: CHECKED

IP-Phone-1: 4012

IP-Phone-2: 4017

Line PT: UCCX_Agent

Line CSS: UCCX_Agent

UCCX_Agent:(CSS)
UCCX_Agent
UCCX_Agent_xTranslate

///////////////////////////////////////////////

IP-Phone-3: 4020

Line PT: Internal_PT

Line CSS: Mobile_CSS

Mobile_CSS:

Internal_PT

Mobile_CSS

UCCX_Agent

What partition is the TP 4XXX in?

And the device CSSs on the phones?

TP PT: UCCX_Agent_xTranslate

Device CSS: None (For all ip-phones)

it works, I'm looking for ghosts. 

Thanks 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: