cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Usability of 9900 IP phones, during a firmware upgarde??

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Experts

Can we continue to use the 9900 series IP phones, during a firmware upgarde or is it rendered useless till the time it is upgarding/downgrading its firmware. I have heard we can use these phones(for call) during a firmware upgarde.Am i right??

Also besides the Traditional TFTP upgardes what are the other methods(if there are any) to upgarde the firmwares on the phones??

Thanks

Tapan

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

tdutt wrote:

Hi Experts

Can we continue to use the 9900 series IP phones, during a firmware upgarde or is it rendered useless till the time it is upgarding/downgrading its firmware. I have heard we can use these phones(for call) during a firmware upgarde.Am i right??

Also besides the Traditional TFTP upgardes what are the other methods(if there are any) to upgarde the firmwares on the phones??

Thanks

Tapan

Since it appears you are a Cisco employee, I would recommend you first read documentation and the many internal resources avaiualble to you, before asking questions on a customer's forum.

This is not to give to the casual reader, the wrong impression about the preparation and organization of knowledge withing Cisco.

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Was just curious and excited to know the fact, well found the document in case some-one looking for answers.

http://www1.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6882/ps6884/white_paper_c11-583891_ps10453_Products_White_Paper.html

Thanks

Tapan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: