Views
Helpful
Replies

User complaining that callers claiming that he called them but he didn't

amine..dahel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I'm workinig on CUCM 7 cluster, I have a user complaining that there are some users (on inetrnal user and externals) saying that they've received a call from

him.

I've checked in the CDR to see wether the user really called them or not, in fact there is no call issued from this user toward them.

Can you give me some tips about how to explain this phenomenon ?

Thanks in advance, guys.

4 Replies 4

zdesignstudio
Level 4
Level 4

The external phone number mask and/or internal caller ID on a different phone may be set to his information. This sometimes happens if a users swaps devices/DNs and the field doesnt get changed to reflect the new user. It could also be just a random configuration error. 

Check in CDR and pick a user internally who is stating that they were called. Note the time of the call and trace it down to find ANY and ALL calls to the user around that time. From those calls check to make sure those devices are configured correctly.

Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable.

Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable.

Hi everybody,

Thank you for your answers.

I have check on CDR wether the calls  were really made by the user,

there wasn't any of them, I thought that the calls weren't made the user but actually the the CUCM

databases on the cluster weren't synchronized, hence the erronous result.

I've checked if there is  a Caller ID that might overlay with the DN's mask using the route plan

report, there was none. 

I recheched on the billing server (Phonex One) that provides more detailed report on the calls made by the user, and it turned out the calls were really made while the user was away (knowing that the dn is shared by a device profile and a CIPC).

Knowing that you don't need to put user ID and a PIN when using the CIPC and the user was a receptionist, her PC was fair game to all her colleagues :)

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

MIght be someone with a misconfigured caller ID.  

what I would do, is get a timestamp from the user that is complaining, or look at the missed cal log on the phone,  and  get the call detail records for that call for that particular time.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi everybody,

Thank you for your answers.

I have check on CDR wether the calls  were really made by the user,

there wasn't any of them, I thought that the calls weren't made the user but actually the the CUCM

databases on the cluster weren't synchronized, hence the erronous result.

I've checked if there is  a Caller ID that might overlay with the DN's mask using the route plan

report, there was none. 

I recheched on the billing server (Phonex One) that provides more detailed report on the calls made by the user, and it turned out the calls were really made while the user was away (knowing that the dn is shared by a device profile and a CIPC).

Knowing that you don't need to put user ID and a PIN when using the CIPC and the user was a receptionist, her PC was fair game to all her colleagues :)