cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User controlled Blacklist for Cisco 8861 phones?

joekarter
Level 7
Level 7

Does anyone know of a way for end users to block unwanted calls from their phone?  I know there are multiple ways to block calls in Call Manager and in the router, but what I am looking for is something the end user could easily control at the phone level, maybe similar to the *60 call blocking that the LEC provides or even a IP Phone service that allows users to enter a number in a list that blocks the entered number.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would need to build the interface for the user to input the numbers and then push the required configuration to CUCM or IOS, nothing built in to do that. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Jaime is right, Cisco doesn’t have this natively.

If you don’t have a lot of calls just annoying persons , Jabber is a sort of stop gap. You can add contacts to Outlook or the roster and name them like “ do not answer “ or similar then decline them from the desktop .

Not perfect but easier than writing scripting .

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
It’s been a long time since I have spoken to these folks but you may want to ask LiteScape if their SmartRoute product can support that use case:
https://www.litescape.com/products/smartroute/

The CUCM CURRI API is the underlying mechanism for this but someone has to provide the application/logic for CUCM to query.
https://developer.cisco.com/site/curri/

joekarter
Level 7
Level 7

The new firmware for 88XX phones now has a built in Black List!  Firmware Version 12.7(1) is what you need.  Here is the info from the release notes:

Mark A Call as Spam

You can use the Mark spam feature to reduce the number of unwanted calls you receive. With this feature,
you designate a phone number as either a fraudulent call or as a telemarketer call. Fraudulent calls are declined
and blocked. Telemarketer calls ring through to you. But these calls have the term Telemarketer in the Incoming
Call Alert and they have an icon next to them in Recents.
You mark active, or recent calls. You can view and edit your Spam call list from the Settings menu. The
Spam call list can have up to 150 calls.

So - when the user leaves and a new one comes in how do you clear this? When they block someone and forget and complain a call doesn’t come in how do you address this as the administrator ?

I get they added this but it doesn’t appear to have a control to turn it off for phones where you don’t want the user to have this control. Just like “favorites” which sort of works but largely doesn’t , or the locally set speed dials - not centrally managed = not a good time.