Helpful
Replies

User Transfer

Aadhil Salim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco,

Is this possible?

User 1 phones ring two times --> User 2 phone ring 2 times --> user 3 ring --> user 1 vm

Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would use a hunt pilot and the distribution algorithm as top down to achieve this.

Also note when a call hits the hunt pilot the forward setting of teh individual lines in the line group wouldn't take effect, if you want to forward to User A's VM refer the following thread, a few ways are discussed there.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony/forwarding-calls-from-hunt-group-into-voicemail/td-p/1521096

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aeby Vinod
Level 3
Level 3
By default Unity and Unity Connection will use the First Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming calls, so in your example the VM box the call would be redirected to would be for user 1

Under:
System Settings > Advanced > Conversations

By Default Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call should be unchecked, do make sure it is so if your environment needs the same.

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby

Hi Aeby,
Thank you for the response. I don't want to apply this to the whole site. Only 3 users. when somebody called user 1 , rings 2 and user 2ring 3 and user 3 rings and go to user 1 VM.

BY default it should be that way, is it not working for you? what do you see in the service parameter I mentioned in my previous post?

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby

it is unchecked.
Can you please tell me the configuration for sending calls to user 2 and 3 .Call hit on User 1 only. can i mention in user 1 "Call forward no answer " user 2 number and user 2 call forward no answer 3 . ? or better i create a pilot number. ? really confused here.
consider user 1 - 10101000
user 2 -10101001
user 3 -10101002

I would use a hunt pilot and the distribution algorithm as top down to achieve this.

Also note when a call hits the hunt pilot the forward setting of teh individual lines in the line group wouldn't take effect, if you want to forward to User A's VM refer the following thread, a few ways are discussed there.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony/forwarding-calls-from-hunt-group-into-voicemail/td-p/1521096

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: