Views
Helpful
Replies

Users are getting a Recored message when dial certain numbers

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

I am experiencing a strange issue and hoping someone can give some directions on this.

I am getting report from some users at one of my remote sites that all of the sudden they can't dial certain numbers (there are 3 numbers that they can't dial so far) and all 3 numbers are LD numbers. They're getting the system recorded message "your call can not be completed as dialed ....) when dial. But the strange thing is that I am in a different location and when I put my phone in the same Partition/CSS as the users that reported the issue I have no issues calling those numbers. And all was working find prior to yesterday.

I am running CUCM 7.1.3 SU2.

thanks in advance !!!! I appreciate any inputs / suggestions !!!

D.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey D.

DNA is a good idea.  DNA is dialed number analyzer.  It checks against the phone for its dialing pattern and whether it should be able to route the call or not based on its MRG and CCS.

Thanks,

Marcus

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hello.

Is it possible someone may have acidently made a change to the Media Resource Group at the remote site?

The CCS may still work from you location because you are in your orginal MRG configuration.

Is it possible that the remote gateway rebooted and someone forgot to the save the running config?

Are you running a different codec at the remote sites that may have been changes?

Just a couple thoughts.

Thanks!

Have you tried DNA to find out what it says CUCM should do and where to route??

HTH

java

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

Can you tell me what's DNA ?

Thanks Java !! Thanks Marcus for trying to help me out !!

D.

Hey D.

DNA is a good idea.  DNA is dialed number analyzer.  It checks against the phone for its dialing pattern and whether it should be able to route the call or not based on its MRG and CCS.

Thanks,

Marcus

Thanks Marcus !!!

I've never used DNA. You got any documentation on it that you can share with me ?

What I don't get is that if I put my phone in the same Partition/CSS the call went through just fine.

D.

D.

In your version of call manager you should log into the serviceability page.  Then Tools-> Dialed Number Analyzer.  It will launch a new window and you can select the phone you want to do the dial test on.  Once you select the phone it will populate a new page where you can enter your route/dail pattern for analysis.  It will come back with lots of information.  Like call flow, alternate patters etc.

You said that your remote site is having trouble dialing some numbers but not the main site.  That is why I asked about the Media Resource group configuration.  If you are in the default media resource group and you change your calling search space the call will probably work as you intended because you have not moved your phone into the MRG that is experiencing the problem.  Further more you may not still experience a problem because you phone is not physically at that site communicating back to your CUCM/GW to route a call.  That is probably why it works from your location still, while being in their CCS and not from the remote location.  Hope that explanation is a little clearer then mud.  

Thanks,

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the info on the DNA tool.

I don't think MRG is related to the issue, the reason I am saying that because I only have one MRG for all phones and I am running a single codec throughout the enterprise. This is an interesting problem. What I did for now as a workaround was I routed all LD calls from this location to a different GW and the issue went away. What don't get is why I don't have that issue with my phone when I move my phone to the same Partition / CSS as the ones that reported issues and MRG and codec is not a concern.

Thanks again marcus !!!

D.

The workaround which you used points to the fact that the gateway ultimately had the problem because after changing the gateway calls are working fine. Interesting issue.I was just wondering that when you changed your phone's CSS/partition to the non working ones, did you change the device pool of your phone as well to match the non-working ones? Are you using local route groups to perform call routing in your network?

Check the following doc to find out more about local route groups

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fslrg.html

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Please rate helpful posts