cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Users can not dial a inside extension from a outside phone.

gppsd2357
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We have call manager 4.2.3 and when a user dials a inside extension eg. 1419 from the inside it works. But if they dial it from the outside, so 7805324491 then dial 1419 it says that extension is not valid. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, I see what's going on.

By default Unity will not recognize any DN which is not previously configured as you've found out.

If this was for a lot of users you could use a caller system transfer which allows you to dial anything your restrictions tables have.

Since this is just 1 user what you can do is configure a call handler with that DN and under transfer options set it to "yes, ring subscriber at this extension". and type again the same DN.

Call Handler Call Transfer Page

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/8x/interface_reference/guide/8xcugrg070.html#wp1047774

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure the trunks are up.

If MGCP make sure they're registered

Check the significant digits and inbound CSS under GW config.

HTH

java

HTH

java

All of that looks correct. As its only the one extension that doesnt work. But i cant just delete and change it as its built into alot of media as its a daycare. And the other thing im wondering is if it has anything to do with unity.

Not sure about Unity without a detailed call flow

HTH

java

HTH

java

What would you like from me for info so i can show you the call flow. As in call handlers?

We kind of narrowed it down.

When we create a user with a VM box and attach the extension we can dial it.

If we strip out the VM box it doesnt list it in the directory.

Is there a way to list an extension in unities directory or in unity its self with out attaching it to a VM box?

OK, I see what's going on.

By default Unity will not recognize any DN which is not previously configured as you've found out.

If this was for a lot of users you could use a caller system transfer which allows you to dial anything your restrictions tables have.

Since this is just 1 user what you can do is configure a call handler with that DN and under transfer options set it to "yes, ring subscriber at this extension". and type again the same DN.

Call Handler Call Transfer Page

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/8x/interface_reference/guide/8xcugrg070.html#wp1047774

HTH

java

HTH

java

WE built that into our unity system (Version 1.2(1) ) and it seems to be working. Thank you very much!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: