Using 2 devices in same extension number

jguandalini
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys, I have the scenario as below:

Extension number: 1001

Device1: Cisco 7942G

Device2: Cisco IP Communicator

The extension is configured in 2 devices.

Is possible I answer a call in Device1 and continue with this call in Device2, or vice-versa?

Today I need park the call to get the same call on the device2, but if I only take off-hook  the device2 doesn't work.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Jean,

I don't know if "Barge" would be ideal in this scenario since it turns the call into a conference but it would atleast allow another device that has the shared line to join the call. Below is a link with more information on barge if you want to consider it as an option.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fsbarge.html

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jean,

I havent tested this but as per documentation for call park:

Restrictions

•  For  shared line devices across nodes, the line will register to the node on  which the device registers first. For example, if a device from  subscriber2 registers first and the line is created in subscriber2 and  the publisher server, the line belongs to subscriber2. Each node must be  configured with the call park number.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fscallpk.html#wp1028114

HTH.

--
Regards,
Harmit.

Hello Harmit, the call parking is working as well.

I would to know, without park the call, it's possible to move the call from device1 to device2, only getting the "phone hook" from the second device?

Thanks for your quick response.

Hi Jean,

Ah, I misunderstood in that case :-) Sounds like both the devices using the shared line are registered on the same node? Anyways, coming back to your question, provided the shared line is configured on SCCP Phones, you can try doing a "barge". However this wont be an option on SIP Phones.

HTH.

--
Regards,
Harmit.

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Jean,

I don't know if "Barge" would be ideal in this scenario since it turns the call into a conference but it would atleast allow another device that has the shared line to join the call. Below is a link with more information on barge if you want to consider it as an option.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fsbarge.html

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Yes, if it's a shared line and privacy is not enabled, you can put the call on hold on one device and resume in another one.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

if you put the call on hold it will be available on the other line.

HTH
Anas

kindly rate if it is helpful

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Thanks Guys, I think the Barge is the solution for my case.

But the key does not showing in the phone, even I configured the softkey template.

I need configure something in device before?

Where did you assign the cBarge softkey? Under connected, off hook or on hook etc

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hello guys, I assign to remote. Now I can take the call.

See the example:

- Call from device1;

- Barge to device2;

- If I put device1 on hook, the call is finished.

It's normal?

Thanks

What barge (Barge or cBarge) are you using? Did you change the Service Parameters on CUCM?

Located under: Serive Parameters>CallManager>Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - Join Across Lines And Single Button Barge Feature Set)

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

I am using barge, and I can join in the conversation.

I will check these options and make the modifications.

THanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: