cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using 9971 in a SCCP environment?

tdilley4938
Level 1
Level 1

Recently our CEO wanted to get a Cisco 9971 phone to use at his desk and purchased the phone. I have CUCM 7.1.5 running SCCP. The phone is a SIP only phone. Is there a way I can add the 9971 to my environment without drastic changes to my environment? Newbie to SIP!

My environment is all SCCP. Using Cisco router as fallback to CUCM running H.323.

Any ideas would help!

Todd                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try factory reset the phone.

That should clear.

On the phone:

Administrative settings>Reset settings>All settings

Let me know

Please Kudos/rate if this help!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

You should have no problem.

You should be able to just add new phone manually and find the 9971 on the drop down list.

If is not in your dropdown list, you can install the latest device pack, but I am almost possitive this comes on all 7.1.5 versions

Having a SIP endpoint wont create any issues, yes the protocol its different and new to you, but you will see its simple!

You can go ahead wihtout any fear and start mixing your only SCCP with some SIP

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have tried adding the file and phone is getting an error about not being able to find the XMLDefault.cnf.xml.sgn file. I must have to install the COP files or something.

Try factory reset the phone.

That should clear.

On the phone:

Administrative settings>Reset settings>All settings

Let me know

I was able to get it working by completely removing it and adding it back in CUCM. I will have to add the SIP commands to the router for fallback to work yet. Thanks for your help though.

Todd

great news,

and not a problem, its always a pleaure!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: