cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

using a CME and a cucm gateway

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

i have a cme that have a h323 trunk with isp for pstn calls . i need to use it as a h323 gateway for cucm12 , according to the attached config can i add it on the cucm and it will work directly?

2-should i disable it working as a CME first before turning it into a cucm gateway 

3-is there any command that disable the cme without removing  all cme config like "no telephony service" 

2 Replies 2

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You should be able to use the CME gateway as h323 gateway in cucm. You need to ensure that you configure the correct h323 bind statements to the correct interface..

eg

interface loop x

h323-gateway voip interface

h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr x.x.x.x ( where x.x.x.x is the ip of the interface and its the ip you will use on CUCM)

You should then configure an inbound dial-peer that will be used to route calls from CUCM to the gateway..

dial-peer voice xxx voip

incoming called-number [xxxxxxx]

dtmf-relay h245-alpha

codec .....[specify your codec or use voice class command to select codecs)

Rather than using h323 to cucm, you could also use sip. Just create a sip trunk on CUCM to the gateway and create a sip inbound dial-peer from CUCM

dial-peer voice xxxx voip

session protocol sip

incoming called-number [xxxxxxx]

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

codec .....[specify your codec or use voice class command to select codecs)

Please rate all useful posts

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As I've already explained, that is NOT supported, a UC500 series is a UC appliance, not a voice GW

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/uc500-and-cucm-7/td-p/1469360

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate