Views
Helpful
Replies

Using answer-address in dial-peer when it has incoming called number

yositorati
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We would like to use an inbound dial peer that will match by the Calling Number using answer-address.

In our current configuration we already have inbound dial peers with "incoming called number" for Fax2Mail services.

We want to use the calling number for matching to a different dial peer, without the "fax detect" service.

As we notice, as soon as he matching the incoming called number, even if have identical dial peer with the same incoming called number, he stop the matching processes and the gateway ignore the answer-address.

Is there any way to match the dial peer by Calling Number even if he have the incoming called number field?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

in the Inbound Dial-peer matching process, the 'incoming called-number' has the highest priority over asnwer- address & destination pattern. So if you want to match a particular inbound dial-peer based on calling number, add only asnwer-address and don't configure incoming-called number on the same dial-peer.

FYI: Understanding the dial-peer matching process

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/14074-in-dial-peer-match.html?referring_site=smartnavRD#topic3

//Suresh

Please rate all the useful posts.

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello,

in the Inbound Dial-peer matching process, the 'incoming called-number' has the highest priority over asnwer- address & destination pattern. So if you want to match a particular inbound dial-peer based on calling number, add only asnwer-address and don't configure incoming-called number on the same dial-peer.

FYI: Understanding the dial-peer matching process

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/14074-in-dial-peer-match.html?referring_site=smartnavRD#topic3

//Suresh

I understand that,

My question is if i have 2 dial peers with the same "'incoming called-number'", how he choose between them?

In our gateway he choose the last one that configured.

The only way to use ANI based routing is to cancel the 'incoming called-number'? because as i said, we need this field for detecting fax when the call enters the gateway.

Perhaps the 2nd dial-peer has more explicit matching rather than the 1st one. could you please post the dial-peer config?

Yes, for ANI based routing, we need to remove the incoming called-number command from the dial-peer.

//Suresh

Hi Yositorati,

If multiple matches are found, the one with the longest explicit match is chosen.

If I understand well. You'll use the same pattern for both incoming called number dial-peers

So I think it'll match the lowest dial-peer id

You can cahnge the dial-peer matching criteria by " dial-peer hunt " command

Check also playing with preference under dial-peer

Regards

Haitham

Dial peer preference 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: