cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Cisco CME and IP Phones to make free international calls?

Abdullah Net
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I read an article yesterday stating that some countries ban the ordering and the using of cisco voip equipment to personal users (not companies) because it can be used to make free international calls which can lower their PSTN profits.

I have been working on my small cisco voip home network for a while now and i do not understand how can a cisco cme router be able to make a free long distance calls? the only way that is possible in my head is when you run a 2000 km telephone RJ11 cable to other counties which is kind of impossible to do for personal users.

So can anyone explain how is it possible to make free long distance calls using cisco voip equipments?

Thanks,

Abdul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

You can find SIP trunking providers online that range from free to very inexpensive for international calls compared to using the PSTN.  All you need to do is set up one of these SIP trunks in CME.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try to understand this concept: with voip, distance is not a factor.

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

You can find SIP trunking providers online that range from free to very inexpensive for international calls compared to using the PSTN.  All you need to do is set up one of these SIP trunks in CME.