cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

using sip trunk on another subnet than the cucm+h323 gateway?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

my cucm 11.5 uses a h323 gateway to route calls to pstn , the problem the sip trunk is on another subnet than my cucm subnet , my question is can i connect the sip trunk subnet on my h323 gateway router and the calls would be router through it?

these sip trunk config should be under my cucm subnet interface or sip trunk subnet?

interface GigabitEthernet ???  # cucm or sip trunk interface?
ip address X.X.X.X 255.255.255.0
negotiation auto
h323-gateway voip interface
h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr X.X.X.X

voice service voip

sip
bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet??   # cucm or sip trunk interface?
bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet??     # cucm or sip trunk interface?

5 Replies 5

Daniov1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

You need to configure the following config on VGW :

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 X.X.X.X(Giga Ethernet IP address)
!
voice class server-group 100
description CUCM group
ipv4 10.10.10.20 preference 1
ipv4 10.10.10.20 preference 2
ipv4 10.10.10.30 preference 3
!
!
voice service voip
rtp-port range 16384 32766
allow-connections sip to sip
fax protocol t38 version 0 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback none
modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw
sip
bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
!
dial-peer voice 1 voip
description SIP Config
destination-pattern ....
session protocol sipv2
session server-group 100
voice-class sip options-keepalive up-interval 30 down-interval 60
dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-notify
codec g711ulaw
no vad

!

sip-ua
retry register 10

than configure SIP Trunk on CUCM.

if this helps, please rate

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

SIP is fully routable, so there definitely is NO requirement to terminate a sip trunk within the subnet

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

thx fro the input everyone but u didnt get my question , i have a h323 gateway router with two interfaces which i added under cucm gateway:

interface 0/0/0 goes to sip trunk on sip server subnet

interface 0/0/1 goes to cucm on cucm subnet

im supposed to route outside calls to sip server

which interface should the below configuration be under interface 0/0/0 or 0/0/1? 

interface GigabitEthernet 0/0/0-or-1???  # cucm or sip trunk interface?
negotiation auto

voice service voip

sip
bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet 0/0/0-or-1???   # cucm or sip trunk interface?
bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet 0/0/0-or-1???     # cucm or sip trunk interface?

1)  INCOMING VOIP :- On Voice Gateway You will have Multiple Interfaces and hence multiple IP address. So For Incoming SIP or H323 Traffic the Voice Gateway can Receive the SIP or H323 Messages from Any Sources and Process it. [ Provided the source is in the Trusted List]

voice service voip
ip address trusted list
ipv4 203.0.113.100 255.255.255.255
ipv4 192.0.2.0 255.255.255.0

Also Voice Router Can receive SIP/H323 Traffic Address to any Interface. Say For example router has Two Interface 1.1.1.1 and 2.2.2.2 so we can send traffic SIP/H323 on either 1.1.1.1 or 2.2.2.2 from CUCM. Router will be listening on both.

2) OUTGOIGN VOIP :-  When Router is Replying to SIP/H323 Traffic router has to choose either 1.1.1.1 or 2.2.2.2 as source IP address to send traffic to CUCM. So this is where below command will come in effect 

interface GigabitEthernet 0/0/0-or-1???  # cucm or sip trunk interface?
negotiation auto

voice service voip

sip
bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet 0/0/0-or-1???   # cucm or sip trunk interface?
bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet 0/0/0-or-1???     # cucm or sip trunk interface?

3) So Coming to you question if you are using H323 between CUCM----VG then you have to check what you have configured the IP of h323 Gateway in CUCM and use the same as source IP address here.

Second SIP Is used between VG and ISP , you have to make sure whatever IP you configure as Source IP address here make sure that ISP is configured to receive SIP traffic from that subnet.

. *** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

please any expert out there who knows the answer!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: