cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using SNR for multiple office phones

hestert13
Level 1
Level 1

Our dispatchers office has  two 8851 VoIP phones that they would like to setup SNR on. They want both office phones to ring one cell phone using SNR. I can program the first phone just fine but when I go to program the second 8851 it tells me that that destination number (cell phone) is already being used. Is there a way to setup SNR on the two office phones so that they will both ring one cell phone? Currently they are just forwarding the second desk phone until I can find a solution. 

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

There are two solutions to this problem:

1. Configure shared extension on both the phones and associate this extension with Remote Destination Profile. OR
  2. If you have two different extensions on these phones, then associate both extensions to Remote Destination Profile. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can configure a single remote destination profile with a single remote destination. On the remote destination profile, associate both DNs.

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

There are two solutions to this problem:

1. Configure shared extension on both the phones and associate this extension with Remote Destination Profile. OR
  2. If you have two different extensions on these phones, then associate both extensions to Remote Destination Profile. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Sorry for taking so long to reply. Creating one RD and associating both numbers to that RD worked great!

Thanks for your help

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can configure a single remote destination profile with a single remote destination. On the remote destination profile, associate both DNs.

Please rate all useful posts

Sorry for taking so long to reply. Creating one RD and associating both numbers to that RD worked great!

Thanks for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: