cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Utility to upload and stage all the latest IP phone firmware loads?

rgordon-qsc
Level 1
Level 1

I have an older Cisco 2921 ISR that was recently upgraded to the following software versions:

IOS: 15.1(4)M7

CME: 8.6

CUE: 7.0.6

However, I don't think the CME files on the flash were appropriately upgraded.  Just the IOS version.

Where would I find the appropriate download for all the ringtones, IP phone loads, etc. and how to properly import them into flash so I know that I have the proper support files to go along with this most updated version of the CME IOS version?

3 Replies 3

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Installing Cisco Unified CME Software

To install Cisco Unified CME in flash memory, perform the following steps.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. Go to Software Download site.

2. Download archive.

3. Extract files to be downloaded.

4. Use the copy or archive tar command to copy file to flash memory.

5. Use the show flash: command to list files in flash memory.

DETAILED STEPS

Step 1 Go to http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-key.

Step 2 Select the file to download.

Step 3 Download zip file to tftp server.

Step 4 Use the zip program to extract the file to be installed, then:

a. If the file is an individual file, use the copy command to copy the files to router flash:

Router# copy tftp://x.x.x.x/P00307020300.sbn flash:

b. If the file is a tar file, use the archive tar command to extract the files to flash memory.

Router# archive tar /xtract source-url flash:/file-url

Step 5 Verify the installation. Use the show flash: command to list the files installed in in flash memory.

Router# show flash:

31 128996 Sep 19 2005 12:19:02 -07:00 P00307020300.bin

32 461 Sep 19 2005 12:19:02 -07:00 P00307020300.loads

33 681290 Sep 19 2005 12:19:04 -07:00 P00307020300.sb2

34 129400 Sep 19 2005 12:19:04 -07:00 P00307020300.sbn

Step 6 Use the archive tar /create command to create a backup tar file of all the files stored in flash. You can create a tar file that includes all files in a directory or a list of up to four files from a directory.

For example, the following command creates a tar file of the three files listed:

archive tar /create flash:abctestlist.tar flash:orig1 sample1.txt sample2.txt sample3.txt

The following command creates a tar file of all the files in the directory:

archive tar /create flash:abctest1.tar flash:orig1

The following command creates a tar file to backup the flash files to a USB card, on supported platforms:

archive tar /create usbflash1:abctest1.tar flash:orig1

Check out:

Installing and Upgrading Cisco Unified CME Software

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeinstl.html

Basically the easiest way is to extract the .zip file, and create a .tar archive and use the archive tar /xtract command in CME to extract them from a TFTP server to flash.

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

I think I understand.  One other question.

In order to make sure that phones can properly register, apart from having the correct phone load config under telephony-service (i.e. load 7961 xxxsadfsdf.loads) do ALL the files related to that phone's phone load need to be specifically defined in the tftp configuration?

For example all my phone loads and files are under flash:/phones

So I should have a config line that looks like tftp://flash/phones/dsafsd.bin, tftp://flash:/phonessdfsdf.sbn, etc. for all file related to that specific model of phone, correct?

Correct,as an example

The following example shows how to configure Cisco Unified CME so that  the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7911 can download the appropriate SCCP  firmware from flash memory:

Router(config)# telephony-service

Router(config-telephony)#load 7911 SCCP11.7-2-1-0S

The following example shows a list of phone firmware files that are  installed in flash memory for the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7911:

tftp-server flash:SCCP11.7-2-1-0S.loads

tftp-server flash:term06.default.loads

tftp-server flash:term11.default.loads

tftp-server flash:cvm11.7-2-0-66.sbn

tftp-server flash:jar11.7-2-0-66.sbn

tftp-server flash:dsp11.1-0-0-73.sbn

tftp-server flash:apps11.1-0-0-72.sbn

tftp-server flash:cnu11.3-0-0-81.sbn

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeinstl.html

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: