Views
Helpful
Replies

utils ntp add isn't an option in CUCM 7.1.3.32

Deepseadata
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We're running CUCM with NTP pointing to an old (removed) domain controller. I'd like to edit CUCM's IP server address but I don't seem to be getting the syntax correct. I've been reading I should be able to type "utils ntp server add x.x.x.x."That's not working probably add isn't in my list? I figured it must be my old version of CUCM? I've tried to use the config option but haven't been able to get the syntax right.

admin:utils ntp
          utils ntp config
          utils ntp restart
          utils ntp start
          utils ntp status

Anyone feel like throwing me a bone?

Kel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aeby Vinod
Level 3
Level 3
You can add it via the OS admin

Ensure that external NTP servers are stratum 9 or higher (1-9). To add, delete, or modify an external NTP server, follow this procedure:
Note
You can only configure the NTP server settings on the first node or publisher.
Procedure

Step 1 From the Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration window, navigate to Settings > NTP Servers. The NTP Server Settings window appears.
Step 2 Add, delete, or modify an NTP server:
Note

To avoid potential compatibility, accuracy, and network jitter problems, the external NTP servers that you specify for the primary node must be NTP v4 (version 4). If you are using IPv6 addressing, external NTP servers must be NTP v4.

To delete an NTP server, select the check box in front of the appropriate server, and then click Delete.
To add an NTP server, click Add, enter the hostname or IP address, and then click Save.
To modify an NTP server, click the IP address, modify the hostname or IP address, and then click Save.

Note

Any change that you make to the NTP servers can take up to 5 minutes to complete. Whenever you make any change to the NTP servers, you must refresh the window to view the correct status.
Step 3 To refresh the NTP Server Settings window and view the correct status, choose Settings > NTP. After deleting, modifying, or adding the NTP server, you must restart the other node in the cluster for the changes to take effect.

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I do not think the option to add ntp from CLI is there in CUCM 7.1.5 as well.

You can try adding NTP from GUI.

CUCM administration page >> System >> Phone NTP reference >> Add New

regds,

aman

Aeby Vinod
Level 3
Level 3
You can add it via the OS admin

Ensure that external NTP servers are stratum 9 or higher (1-9). To add, delete, or modify an external NTP server, follow this procedure:
Note
You can only configure the NTP server settings on the first node or publisher.
Procedure

Step 1 From the Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration window, navigate to Settings > NTP Servers. The NTP Server Settings window appears.
Step 2 Add, delete, or modify an NTP server:
Note

To avoid potential compatibility, accuracy, and network jitter problems, the external NTP servers that you specify for the primary node must be NTP v4 (version 4). If you are using IPv6 addressing, external NTP servers must be NTP v4.

To delete an NTP server, select the check box in front of the appropriate server, and then click Delete.
To add an NTP server, click Add, enter the hostname or IP address, and then click Save.
To modify an NTP server, click the IP address, modify the hostname or IP address, and then click Save.

Note

Any change that you make to the NTP servers can take up to 5 minutes to complete. Whenever you make any change to the NTP servers, you must refresh the window to view the correct status.
Step 3 To refresh the NTP Server Settings window and view the correct status, choose Settings > NTP. After deleting, modifying, or adding the NTP server, you must restart the other node in the cluster for the changes to take effect.

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: