Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS-E IP Configuration Erase Issue

aniket0422
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have VCS-E running version X8.X. We are facing strange issue.

Below is the interface configuration

LAN-1 : 10.2.16.23/26  GW: 10.2.16.1

LAN-2 : 10.2.16.73/26 GW : 10.2.16.65

When We reboot the VCS-E, LAN-2 interface's default gateway changes to 10.2.16.1 from 10.2.16.65 and LAN-1 interface's default gateway changes to 10.2.16.65 and nothing works. Not even CLI or GUI access.

We have to reboot the server and run setup wizard from console and need to change LAN-1 interface's default gateway to 10.2.16.1 to get GUI access back.

Once we get GUI access, When we chage LAN-2 default gateway to 10.2.16.65 and reboot VCS-E, again same thing happens.

Can someone please help. 

Note: Setup was running smooth since last week.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi There,

It looks like your default gateway IP address is out of range of the subnet assigned to LAN#2. See screenshot below.

Usually we set the default gateway of the VCS Expressway to that of LAN#2 (in your case this would be 10.2.16.65). If the VCS Expressway needs to access resources on LAN#1, you can write a static route for this purpose.

If you set your default gateway to 10.2.16.65, the configuration should not be lost on a restart because it will now be valid.

Does that help?

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Can you clarify what you mean by "default gateway" for LAN1 and LAN2?

The VCS only has the capability of having a single default gateway, are you using a combination of the IPv4 Gateway and static routes?

Can someone please verify the configuration below.

Hi There,

It looks like your default gateway IP address is out of range of the subnet assigned to LAN#2. See screenshot below.

Usually we set the default gateway of the VCS Expressway to that of LAN#2 (in your case this would be 10.2.16.65). If the VCS Expressway needs to access resources on LAN#1, you can write a static route for this purpose.

If you set your default gateway to 10.2.16.65, the configuration should not be lost on a restart because it will now be valid.

Does that help?

Hello,

I totally agree, Default gateway should be 10.2.16.65. But when I change the default gateway from 10.2.16.1 to 10.2.16.65, i am loosing even access of the VCS-E. In order to get back access I have to change default gateway to 10.2.16.1 from console.

Were you able to get this sorted out?

If not, You need to make sure that the VCS-E is able to route return traffic back to your management PC.

If your management PC is on the internal network but is not in the same subnet as LAN#1 of the VCS-E then you can write a static route on the VCS-E to send the traffic back to your management PC subnet from the LAN#1 interface (System > Network Interfaces > Static Routes).

Hello Jonathan,
Yes, Issue has been resolved now.
It was a VLAN tagging issue on the VM. VCS-E external interface was configure to flow traffic of only one VLAN (125). Changed it to All (4095) and issue got resolved.

Anil Sharma
Level 3
Level 3

hello Team, 

I am also trying to setup expressways now. 
I want to setup clustering of expressway E's which I believe will be over LAN 1 and at the same time use external DNS for ExpresswayE to contact external IdP. 

My gateway is currently set to LAN1 default gateway, I don't want to route external DNS traffic to LAN1. Do i need to use Static Route for DNS towards LAN2 gateway? Kindly advise. 

As this is an old and marked as answered post I recommend you to create your own post with your question. Especially as your question is off topic to the OP. You would likely get more help in this way.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: