cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS-expressway MRA combined with business to business calls

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looking for some insights on whether it is possible to add MRA to an existing VCS-e/VCS-C deployment that currently functions for URI business to business calls, across the internet. 

The currently deployment is fully functional (X8.5.1), just want to know if it is not mutually exclusive to add MRA to the existing deployment, or if I need to spin up a new pair of VCS's. The Cisco SRND mentions the two deployments/functionalities, but mentions nothing of combining business-to-business with Jabber MRA on a single VCS-e Pair.

input welcome

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Atul Gaba
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can have B2B and MRA on the same VCS pair.

The MRA Deployment Guide makes a note about B2B – check page 42
http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-6/Mobile-Remote-Access-via-VCS-Deployment-Guide-X8-6.pdf

"you may still configure a SIP trunk if required (for example, to enable B2B callers or endpoints registered to VCS to call endpoints registered to Unified CM)."

-Atul

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Atul Gaba
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can have B2B and MRA on the same VCS pair.

The MRA Deployment Guide makes a note about B2B – check page 42
http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-6/Mobile-Remote-Access-via-VCS-Deployment-Guide-X8-6.pdf

"you may still configure a SIP trunk if required (for example, to enable B2B callers or endpoints registered to VCS to call endpoints registered to Unified CM)."

-Atul

thanks for that, the SIP trunk I don't need to worry about as that is already in place.

I think the mutual exclusiveness is with MRA and Jabber guest, that can't run on the same VCS pair.  (on the VCS under unified communication you can choose either MRA or Jabber Guest, NOT BOTH).

cheers

And in addition to this, when combining MRA and B2B, does that mean 1 traversal zone needs to exist, configured with the type  "unified communications"?  as I currently have a traversal zone with Type "traversal Client"?

Yes, you need to add a "Unified Communications traversal" zone on both expressways. Since you already have B2B deployed, you'll need to be careful with ports. For example, CUCM can't be listening on the same port for SIP trunk and MRA line side (well, it can, but MRA phones won't register). Same with SIP communications between Expressway-C and E. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: