Views
Helpful
Replies

Verification of Cisco VoIP Phones

masoodst123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi To everyone,

Recently we have purchased some cisco VoIP phones from a third party, i would appreciate if someone show me how to verify the if the phones are brand new and genuine cisco products.

Regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

@masoodst123 wrote:

Can you provide their email address?

I already did.  Look at my previous post.  

View solution in original post

I am not aware of such portal.

You should always buy Cisco products from authorized re-seller, though I have not heard of counterfeited Cisco phones, new vs. refurbished is a different story, as with everything in life if the price was too good to be true it probably was not a brand new equipment. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Can you post the serial numbers of the phone?

Thanks for the reply, but is there any email address or a portal so i can verify it by myself.

Look at the box that came with the phone.  Normally, each box (can also be found on the phone) there are stickers which states when the phone was manufactured.

I need an official verification from cisco.

E-Mail TAC and provide them with the serial numbers.

@masoodst123 wrote:

I already did.  Look at my previous post.  

Thank you, i will email them and hopefully get a result.

Is there any portal from cisco, so i can verify supplied products from third party contractors?

I am not aware of such portal.

You should always buy Cisco products from authorized re-seller, though I have not heard of counterfeited Cisco phones, new vs. refurbished is a different story, as with everything in life if the price was too good to be true it probably was not a brand new equipment. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: