Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Verify plan or is there a better way of doing this - One to many external calls

Hi

Management are looking for a function whereby ringing xxxx (both interally and externally) will broadcast the call to a number of mobile numbers. We don't want call forwarding due to wanting a mailbox associated with xxxx. The plan is that VM's can't be left on a single mobile (it can be missed and other members aren't aware), after x number of seconds the call is returned to CM and message is left centrally.

As far as I can tell the way to achieve this would be to

1. Create dummy numbers due to managers not wanting standard extension with SNR
  2. Create a hunt pilot
  3. Create hunt List
  4. Create Line group -> Add numbers to Line group
  5. Create local accounts in CUCM for mobility
  6. Setup x amount of Remote Destination Profiles
  7. Setup x amount of Remote Destinations
  8. Add destination mobile numbers to RD/RDPs
  9. Setup XLation pattern to route external -> internal calls to Hunt Pilot so that externall calls to xxxx will trigger broadcast
  10. Setup mailbox for xxxx and configure SMTP notifications for alerts

That's all I can think of at the moment. If I left anything out or if anyone has knowledge of more efficient ways I'd be happy to know.

Cheers in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depending on the quantity of RDs you may be able to set them all up as multiple RDs on a single local user & RDP. That would avoid the hunt complexity.

Just be mindful that any inbound calls from a RD have their ANI overwritten/masked by the DN they are associated to. If those managers are calling people from their cell phone it will appear as a call from the DN instead.

Another option are the on-demand dual-out conference options provided by some paging vendors such as SynApps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depending on the quantity of RDs you may be able to set them all up as multiple RDs on a single local user & RDP. That would avoid the hunt complexity.

Just be mindful that any inbound calls from a RD have their ANI overwritten/masked by the DN they are associated to. If those managers are calling people from their cell phone it will appear as a call from the DN instead.

Another option are the on-demand dual-out conference options provided by some paging vendors such as SynApps.

Jonathan, 

Thanks for your answer the other day. Out of curiosity is there a way you could overwrite the RD's ANI with a different number as opposed to the dummy number ? or even if you could show no DN and just list the callers original mobile number. 

I understand though, that this may be pushing it as that is the exact reason behind SNR.

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
1) Try to look at Blast Dial Option In Webex. May be it fits you requirement.
2) Using RDP with Hunt Group is also feasible option.

Thanks,
Haris

** DON'T FORGET TO RATE AND ACCEPT SOLUTION IF APPLICABLE

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

RDP will trigger from Hunt last time I tried this, but remember that timers can be an issue here for remote and local VM. 

This isn’t the best option for an on call page type situation due to this. Jabber will at least eliminate that mobile number component if you don’t go down that road.

If you use Unity Connection Id also suggest using dispatch voicemail and notifications (can outdial). Those do NOT work with Jabber but they do support this scenario. 

Also last time I tried this the external to hunt works as long as you don’t translate out - it seems to be looking at the trunk on/off net designator and blocking the calls going through there.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: