cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG 224 no voice-port on show run

mmpaquibot
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new VG 224 but when i checked it on its show running configuration i dont see any voice-port x/x. I tried to configure a voice port configuration but the gateway rejected the command. I also tried to reboot the gateway but the result is still the same. Attach is its Show Tech and captured POST.

Thanks,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The i6s featureset has voice capabilities, so it isn't a featureset issue.  Looks like a bug with that IOS that you are running, which is super old.  Chances are you want SCCP capabilities on the FXS ports, anyway, which didn't come until 12.4(4)T and were further enhanced in 12.4(22)T.

Throw something recent on the device and see if the ports show up.  Put on 15.0(1)M3.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The i6s featureset has voice capabilities, so it isn't a featureset issue.  Looks like a bug with that IOS that you are running, which is super old.  Chances are you want SCCP capabilities on the FXS ports, anyway, which didn't come until 12.4(4)T and were further enhanced in 12.4(22)T.

Throw something recent on the device and see if the ports show up.  Put on 15.0(1)M3.

ok.. i'll do it first thing tomorrow..

thanks!

Hi,

Jut FYI, if you are trying to BAT in the lines, please make sure that you have the VG224 added in MGCP mode.

in SCCP mode, it allows only upto 10 lines to be BATted in, the 11th line onwards wont BAT in.

I learnt it hard way.. thought to share with you all as well, if not already known

HTH

Please rate if it helps.

Sam Wilson

thanks steven!

your advice works... i just upgrade its IOS and now its up and running...

Mike