cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG 224 SCCP CM Group on ports

Robert.Harris
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded from CUCM 6.15 to 7.15 and none of the analog gateways worked afterward. in order to get them to register ports we had to change the SCCP cm to match the CUCM group in Call Manager. On others we had to change the CUCM group to sum 1-2 or 2-1 no other group would work.  Once i did this the ports registered, but I was told that the CUCM group on the ports must match the CUCM group on the VG224. This has worked for years with the mismatch and once I upgraded the code to 15.1.4(M2) they would work of changing the CUCM group. The ports show rejected after upgrade, registered before upgrade but not working.

Another issue we have is and it may be related is some phones are now showing rejected and even if we rebuild them the mac address still will not work. I believe this is some kind ofl replication issue after the upgrade

Any thought s would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would suggest going to latest 15.1.4M5 as I  had customer run into similar issue with 15.1.4M3 recently, yet other  sites with M4 were OK, TAC suggested M5 as that is the latest, but no specific bug was identified.

The SCCP group on GW should always match CUCM Group assigned to the Device Pool used by the VG224 SCCP GW in CUCM. Not sure what you mean by 1-2 and 2-1.

Do you have proper dial-peers configured on the GW?

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would suggest going to latest 15.1.4M5 as I  had customer run into similar issue with 15.1.4M3 recently, yet other  sites with M4 were OK, TAC suggested M5 as that is the latest, but no specific bug was identified.

The SCCP group on GW should always match CUCM Group assigned to the Device Pool used by the VG224 SCCP GW in CUCM. Not sure what you mean by 1-2 and 2-1.

Do you have proper dial-peers configured on the GW?

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

we found that with many of them the SCCP CCM did not match the CMG on the VG224's. What I was also wondering is, do the device pool information on the lines have to have the same CMG as the VG itself ? We started changing it so that we have 1 device pool per VG but I have 50 of these, so is it a must? They ran for years with mutiple device pools pointing to multiple CMG groups per VG224 so this is whay I asking.

( I didn't build them I got stuck with them)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: