cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG 248 firmware 1.2.1 Memory utilization 83%. How to check the process utilizing this memory?

fahad ck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

VG 248 firmware 1.2.1

analysis
1.       Verified the following, found that the status of the log level is in Trace level
2.       Although it is peak usage time and almost all the resource are utilised, but CPU utilisation is 40% and memory utilisation is 83% which is in constant level on the business hours.
3.       And there were no memory spike as per the analysis on the monitoring tool (solar wind) update.
4.       on the event log on the VG 248 voice gateway, could not find any alarms/ error message regarding the memory spike or the high CPU utilization

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fahad,

High CPU/memory usage is common with VG248 until there is any production issue seen due to it.

You may also collect the diagnostics from the VG248 itself to check which process is using
the memory:

diagnostics -> show configuration

diagnostics -> cpu utilitzation

diagnostics -> event logs -> view all

Please check the following outputs as well:

Display -> system status

Display -> Port status

Display -> network status

Display -> version

Here is the link for troubleshooting VG248:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/vg248/1_2_1/english/configuration/guide/vg24
8swt.html#wp1029833

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fahad,

High CPU/memory usage is common with VG248 until there is any production issue seen due to it.

You may also collect the diagnostics from the VG248 itself to check which process is using
the memory:

diagnostics -> show configuration

diagnostics -> cpu utilitzation

diagnostics -> event logs -> view all

Please check the following outputs as well:

Display -> system status

Display -> Port status

Display -> network status

Display -> version

Here is the link for troubleshooting VG248:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/vg248/1_2_1/english/configuration/guide/vg24
8swt.html#wp1029833

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish

Thanks for your quick response.

i have already taken the outputs as you mentioned. And also couldnt find the unusual messages in Event log.

Is there any method to find the Memory usage from the GW (the same way as we find  CPU utilization)

Thanks

Fahad

Hi Fahad,

I am not too sure about that, i read somewhere that you can telnet into VG248 at port 2323 and then issue the heap-info command under Debug > prompt. I don't have this device to test it right now. You may try it on your device and see if it works.

HTH

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: