Views
Helpful
Replies

VG-310 Not Accepting MGCP Commands

daleshew517
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just received a VG-310 voice gateway and when I try to configure it, it will not accept any MGCP or CCM-MANAGER commands.  When I run the show ver command, instead of listing 24 Voice FXS interfaces, it lists 1 VPN Module.  I'm guessing this is part of the problem but do I have to replace actual hardware or is this a software / licensing issue?

Thanks

Dale Shew

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would RMA that VG. Something is not correct with it.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

This sounds quite odd. What do you get if you issue show inventory on the system?

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

I get the following.  I compared it to one of our in use gateways and it looks like it's missing the onboard 24 FXS voice interface.

Router>en
Router#show inventory
NAME: "VG310", DESCR: "VG310 chassis, Hw Serial#: FJC25071CYC, Hw Revision: 1.0"
PID: VG310 , VID: V01 , SN: FJC25071CYC

NAME: "PVDM3 DSP DIMM with 64 Channels on Slot 0 SubSlot 4", DESCR: "PVDM3 DSP D IMM with 64 Channels"
PID: PVDM3-64 , VID: V01 , SN: FOC24434AX8

NAME: "VG3X0 AC Power Supply", DESCR: "VG3X0 AC Power Supply"
PID: PWR-VG3X0-AC , VID: , SN:

Thanks for your help.

I would RMA that VG. Something is not correct with it.

Response Signature

Try to upgrade the VG iOS and see if it makes any change. if not, do RMA as  @Roger Kallberg  mentioned. 

Response Signature

daleshew517
Level 1
Level 1

I thought I was going to have to RMA these gateways but my vendor provided me with the attached information and problem solved.  UC Licenses were not accepted yet.

Thanks for sharing. That’s very interesting and good information. Never seen this on any of all the VG3x0 we have.

Response Signature

Thanks.  It was a first for us too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: