cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vg224 and analog phone dial direct to voicemail

bimckenz
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to get an analog phone to be able to * + extension to go direct to voicemail or any way to do this? Is there a custom feature code we can set up to make this happen?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

voipis4me
Level 1
Level 1

1. Create CTI Route Point with extention "*XXXX"; assuming 4 digit extension. Set this extension to CFA to voicemail pilot.

2. Create a Voicemail Profile with a Voicemail Box Mask of "XXXX". Assign the profile to the *XXXX extension.

I already have that and that works great for the IP Phones but the analog phones that are connected to VG224's are not working. I enabled feature codes on the VG and the prefix is * , so I think trying to do * + ext for direct to voicemail is having problems because of the * prefix for the supplementary services.

Hi William,

You are most correct that the overlap of using * as your prefix for supplementary services is probably causing this issue. Can you try # for one or the other instead;

Configuring SCCP Controlled Analog (FXS) Ports with Supplementary Features in Cisco IOS Gateways

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/fxs/configuration/guide/fxssccpsplmft.html#wp1101486

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: