Views
Helpful
Replies

vg248 unable to call

c.marcillat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a CCM 4.2(3) with a VG248. Recently, the VG248 died so i changed it, and since i can receive calls but i can't call (internal or external) .

But the configuration and the binaries are the same than the older gateway .

Have you got an idea ?

Thanks,

Best regards,

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you the end user? If so, recommend you locate a reputable consultant, or certified cisco partner to troubleshoot the problem.

Hi,

i'm not a end user, i am a consultant but the problem is very strange and i don't find a solution !

Thanks

In any case it's impossible to help you, as you did not give any actual information about the problem, and did not took any trace.

I have exactly the same problem like this :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3188036#3188036

THanks,

So when you pick the analog phone do you get a dialtone?

If you do - when you try to dial digits do you get a fast busy or any annoucement saying the call cannot be completed as dialed?

Cheers!

Hi,

I haven't a dial tone, it's strange, it's continuing tone, im sorry for my english but i don't know how to describe this .

It's not a normal dial tone . And when i tried to dial digits nothing happened, as if the digits are not "heard" by the CCM.

I don't know if I am clear ...

Thank you !

Best regards,

This could be a bad phone, cabling, config issue or a bad VG248 port. It will be best to open a TAC case so that the engineer can investigate in detail.

Cheers!