cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG320 Configuration for CUCM

dlcharville
Level 4
Level 4

Sure hope I'm missing something but can someone tell me where or how to configure a VG320 (IOS 15.4(3)M1) for SCCP to CUCM 10.5?  None of the voice-port commands are present.  I have the VG320 configured in CUCM as SCCP with last 10 of MAC.  I also have the SCCP commands configured on the VG320.

This is the first VG320 I have configured.  I have configured a few VG350's with no issue.

Thanks,
Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To close the thread, VG320 ships with one PVDM3-128. In this case we confirmed the PVDM3 was missing hence no voice-port configuration could be done.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which voice port configuration are you referring to. You don't need to apply any configuration at the port level for sccp to work.. sample configuration is shown below 

stcapp ccm-group 1

stcapp
sccp local FastEthernet0/0

sccp ccm 10.4.131.200 identifier 7815

sccp ccm 10.4.138.77 identifier 7825

sccp

!

sccp ccm group 1

associate ccm 7815 priority 1

associate ccm 7825 priority 2

!

!

dial-peer voice 500 pots

service stcapp

port 2/0

!

dial-peer voice 501 pots

service stcapp

port 2/1
Please rate all useful posts

When i build the dial-peers, I don't have a port X/Y command available for some reason.  It's missing from available commands.

Thanks,
Dan

Can you send a sh version and a sh run of the gateway

See attached.  I also sent config of trying to configure the dial-peer.

Thanks,
Dan

Something is nor right with this device. The sh run doesn't display the available voice ports. Hence it appears as if there are no voice port on the gateway. I suggest you try and reboot the gateway and if the voice-ports still do not show up, then you may have a faulty device. Because the voice-ports do not show up, you cant assign them to any dial-peer.

Customer has two of them and both are showing the exact same missing voice-port configuration.  Devices have been rebooted multiple times and latest IOS has been installed.  These are brand new devices so I'm assuming I'm missing some new configuration.  Guess I will open a TAC case.

Thanks,
Dan

It's possible the units are defective. You should at least see the voice ports in the sh run.

To close the thread, VG320 ships with one PVDM3-128. In this case we confirmed the PVDM3 was missing hence no voice-port configuration could be done.

Thank you for the update. You would have thought my head should atleast think that we need PVDM to bring up fxs ports. Well big head that I am.. LOL!!

Hello Dan,

I am about to configure a Cisco VG350 for the first time. Can you please send me the sh run of a working VG350 that you have configured? I need it for reference.

Thanks!

Regards,

Ram.

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

i am trying to configure first time VG 350-with 96 port, vg320 and vg310 with cuc 11.X...

please advise me if possible to configure as sip rather than sccp and mgcp..

also would be great if you share your working configuration of VG gateway 350, 320...?

thank you in advance!

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: