cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG320 with SIP provider faxing

a.trueland1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a vg320 connected to a SIP provider for faxing/modem use only.  I have the following configured:

fax protocol t38 version 3 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback pass-through g711ulaw:  Will this fallback work?

dtmf-relay h245-signal:  Is this the correct relay?  Will it work with pass-through g711ulaw?

The modem testing seems to wok ok.  Still need to test faxing.

Should I disable fax-relay sg3-to-g3 ?

Should I disable ECM  ?

AT

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

so, you are using your VG320 to integrate with SIP trunk provider or just eFax solution?

If SIP trunk provider then VG320 is not meant for this as you need CUBE licenses for this purpose which are RTU (paper licenses). 

Needless to say the config you provided does support protocol-based T.38, so you should be fine as far as technology is concerned.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How is the provider connected to the VG320? Via SIP or FXS line?

The example you posted is for protocol based T38 which is supported by most carriers, however you need to confirm with then that they support it. Also, ensure you configure the same on any other voice gateway/CUBE along the path of the call in case the provider is connected via another device (typical setup) as you normally don't connect providers to VG320.

Connected via SIP.  They support t38 and g711ulaw.  Voice calls work and a tested modem connection seems to work ok.   The provider is using cisco 2921 router to hand off the SIP connection to the vg320.  Concerned about the DTMF setting,fallback operation, and ECM setting.   

so, you are using your VG320 to integrate with SIP trunk provider or just eFax solution?

If SIP trunk provider then VG320 is not meant for this as you need CUBE licenses for this purpose which are RTU (paper licenses). 

Needless to say the config you provided does support protocol-based T.38, so you should be fine as far as technology is concerned.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: