Replies

VIC2-2FXS Fax, fax-relay problem

z.zdravkov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Scheme:

PSTN Fax -> ISDN BRI -> FXS

I have CME 7.1 with VIC2-2FXS on 2801 router. I have tried to configure the port in both ways as sccp controlled and just with pots dial-peer that points to the interface.

The most successful test I have achieved with fax passthrough mode but still communication errors.

I tried to do exact what is written in the document:

Supplementary Services Features for FXS Ports on Cisco IOS Voice Gateways Configuration Guide

The fax machine is old style panasonic which work wonderful with directly attached PSTN line.

The call is fully processed only from the router. There isn't VoIP transition in the scheme.

Finally my question is: Is there somebody who have successfully configured and tested scheme like mine?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Zdravkov

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Configure network-clock-participate and network-clock-select for the BRI interface.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Configure network-clock-participate and network-clock-select for the BRI interface.

Hi Paolo,

Thank you for your answer. In my configuration I have network-clock-participate but network-clock-select is missing. There isn't any errors on the ISDN interface. I'm going to test the fax on Monday.

Do you think that can be the reason for my problems?

Best Regards,

Zdravko

Yes.

Thank you very much Paolo. Your recommendations helps me to solve this problem in 2-3 customer sides.

I greatly appreciate your help.

Best Regards,

Zdravko Zdravkov

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: