cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VIC2-4FXO - Caller ID works with CME, but not CCM7

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Have a VIC2-4FXO card installed in a Cisco 3725.  Caller ID works when the unit is in CME mode, but cannot get it to work with CallManager.

I'm scratching my head here, but can't figure out what I'm missing.

Any ideas?              

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using H.323 or MGCP with CM ?

MGCP.  I guess I could convert it to H323, but that's annoying to have to do that.  It seems like this should work.

MGCP, among other limitations, does not support CLID.

So, if you want CLID, you will have to convert.

CUCM 8.x now supports CLID with MGCP FXOs, however, any previous version if you want CLID you need H323.

Caller ID Support on MGCP FXO Gateways

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/8_0_1/delta/cmadmin.html#wp1115153

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Interesting, but the documentation doesn't match what the interface actually has.  I set up an 8.0.2c box in the lab, and tried this out.

This is a VIC2-4FXO in a 3725 gateway.  There is no box to enable caller id in the port configuration as described in the document.

Sounds like some feature either got removed, or the documentation is incorrect.  It's not there.    

You have a solid, flexible and standard alternative in using H.323 or SIP.

Why you want to fight with MGCP instead ?

3725 is EOS. latest version of IOS in other routers (28xx,38xx) supports the FXO caller id feature for mgcp gw

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: