cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VIC3-2FXS/DID-Analog fax config-2901 when changing MGCP PRI to SIP ITSP connectivity

anilkumar.cisco
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Team,

My customer is migrating MGCP based PRI in Cisco 2901 VG to SIP ITSP type PSTN connectivity..

They also have mgcp controlled based analog phone connected to VIC3-2FXS/DID card..

i am not sure after migrating to SIP/CUBE like architecture, how analog phone will be register or work on these card.

Any support highly appreciate..

extract of my current VG configuration for analog port

dial-peer voice 99901990 pots
service mgcpapp
port 0/1/0
!
dial-peer voice 99901099 pots
service mgcpapp
port 0/1/0
!

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/vg-series-gateways/analog-fxs-port-sip-registration-with-cucmv2.pdf

i got the above link , but not able to see, whether VIC3-2FXS/DID card will support these particular configuration or not 

Best Regards

Anil Singh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Any ISR can easily handle several protocols at the same time, you can have your SIP trunks and use MGCP/SCCP/H.323 as well. Each one is handled independently with their own configuration.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Recommend you to reconfigure the analogue ports to be SCCP controlled.

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Any ISR can easily handle several protocols at the same time, you can have your SIP trunks and use MGCP/SCCP/H.323 as well. Each one is handled independently with their own configuration.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes.. you are absolutely correct, I apologies, got confused. Thanks