Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VIC3-2FXS/DID Card on Cisco 2901

Hello,

I'm hoping somone might be able to help..

Is the VIC3-2FXS/DID card supported in the EHWIC slots on a Cisco 2901.  I installed one today and I do see the voice-card in the running configuration but I don't see any voice-ports for me to configure.  I'm trying to configure simple dial-peers between two routers.  Do you know if I need a NM-2V Adapters for this?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jon                   

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is supported, can you post "sh diagnostics" and "sh inventory"

Chris

Hi Jon,

Do u have PVDM's inserted on router motherboard?

regds,

aman

Sorry I wasn't able to respond sooner ~

So no, I don't have any PVDM's inserted.  Is that something that I need to install or is there a chance that those might have already been inserted.  I did test these cards with a 2911 using a NM-HD-2V card and was able to see the voice-ports in my running config.

@ Chris -- the routers are in a production lab that I'll be at later this afternoon -- I'll get you a sh diagnostics and sh inventory.  I'm pretty sure the card is showing up in the inventory.

Thanks for all the support!

Jon

Hi Jon,

You were able to do with NM-HD-2V since this module has got DSPs which are on-board.

regds,

aman

So if I was using a 2901 where I don't have the option of using a NM-HD-2V card how would I make it work?  Do I need to insert PVDM's to be able to program voice-ports?

Jon

Hi Jon,

Yes, u require PVDMs.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: