Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Call don't pass between two IP Phone CP-8845

seventeen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

I have two users owning 2 Cisco IP Phone the audio call pass correctly between them but the video call don't pass, I think that the problem is related to the Codec ?

Please note thet one user is connected to the network via a VPN IPsec tunnel.

Thanks in advance. 

6 Replies 6

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Are the phones allowed to use a video bandwidth in a call? How are the region settings between the assigned region for phone A and phone B?
Have you checked the logs, if a video call is negotiated in the SIP messages in the first place?
In the phone config page, is "Video Capabilities" enabled?

Hi @b.winter ,

I have checked the region and the location settings , also the video capabilities are well enabled.

During the video call i have noticed that only the sender packets are generated but the received are always 0.

It can't be a protocol which is blocked in the firewall and it might be enabled ? have you any idea about this issue ?

No, it shouldn't be a protocol issue. Voice and Video packets are both UDP / RTP packets.

The only thing could be, that you have different port ranges configured for Audio and Video in CUCM (in the sip-profile used on the phones).
Then maybe you forgot to also allow the video port range in your firewall(s).
But per default, the sip-profile settings are to use the same port range for voice and video.

Unbenannt.PNG

But if phone A sends something and phone B doesn't receive it, then there is probably a problem in your network (routing, FW, ...).

Can you confirm by looking at the call logs, that video codecs are negotiated within a call?

seventeen
Level 1
Level 1

How can I check if the port ranges configured for Audio and Video in CUCM (in the sip-profile used on the phones).

How can I collect the logs of the call?

1) What you mean? Just go the phone settings, check which SIP-profile is applied and then check the settings of this sip-profile? Don't you know how to use the GUI of CUCM?

2) With RTMT?! This is basic troubleshooting and honestly, I'm expecting this from everyone here, who asks a question. If you are a CUCM admin, you should be able to at least know how to get the logs... And if you are not a CUCM admin, you are wrong here anyway and should ask your local CUCM admin for help.

seventeen
Level 1
Level 1

OK just I thought that there's another tool to collect logs directly for the phones.

I'll share with you the logs.

Meanwhile you can find attached the sip trunk profile configuration

aly17_0-1681463017796.png

aly17_1-1681463080973.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: