cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video call from 9971 phones to GSM iPhone through PRI line.

rajesh.kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

We want to configure video Call from Cisco 9971 phones connected to Cisco CUCM 8.6.2 to GSM mobile phone/Smart Phone (iPhone,iPad) through E1 PRI.

Scenario is Cisco9971---->CUCM 8.6---->Cisco H323 VG 29xx------>E1 PRI------->GSM network Provider(SIM card with iPhone)

Can anyone have suggestion on what configuration will go into Cisco Voice gateway in-order to enable this video call ?

It not IP-IP video call. Service provider is allowed video through E1 PRI

Pls. suggest.

Rgds

Rajesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

UMTS video calls are based on H.324M, so you would need such a gateway for that. See:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/mxp-series/white_papers/tandberg_h323.pdf

You would need to get in touch with a UC/video certified partner to check feasibility and implications, that can be very many.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CUCM does not support video calls over PRI or other PSTN.

Dear Paolo

Cisco 9971 Phones are connected to CUCM 8.6.2

Cisco VG with E1 PRI.

When we call outside GSM number throtugh Cisco 9971. Audio call establishes via PRI.

We want to establish video call from Cisco 9971 to GSM (SIMM mobile/iPhone) through PRI.

I think, it can be doable via pots dail-peer, with similar commands.

dial-peer voice 101 pots

information-type video

bandwidth maximum 384

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:15

!

I wanted some configuration example document on the same as well, any specific hardware required on Cisco PRI voice Gateway ? (like PVDM or NM-HDv2 ) ?

Pls. suggest

Rgds

Rajesh

What I'm trying to tell you, that is not supported, and will not work. You can report here if you will find differently.

Dear Paolo

Ok, if this scenario is not supported, then is there any other method Cisco Phone can have video call with external GSM mobile devices through E1 PRI ?

If Cisco VGwith e1 pri is also configured as CME and Cisco 9971 (or any other Cisco video endpoints) registered with CME, is that scenario will work?

Rgds

Rajesh

No, it is not possible.

First of all, GSM does not supports video calls.

Second, if you are talking abot UMTS (3G), these mobiles can do video calls mostly among them, is not common to to video with PSTN.

Dear  Paolo

Thanks a lot. GSM may be not right term. I was refereing 3G.

Again I am sorry for askng one more query...!

If I get Cisco/Tandberg Video endpoint (May be Ex or MX, Profile endpoint) and register this endpoint directly with Cisco Codian ISDN Gateway. If I connect PRI line to Codian ISDN Gateway, is it possible to have video call between Cisco/Tandberg video endpoint with 3G mobile devices ?

Rgds

Rajesh

UMTS video calls are based on H.324M, so you would need such a gateway for that. See:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/mxp-series/white_papers/tandberg_h323.pdf

You would need to get in touch with a UC/video certified partner to check feasibility and implications, that can be very many.

Dear Paolo

Thanks a lot for the information. It is clear now. Any how Tandberg 3G Gateway is end of sale. We are contacting local Cisco for the same.

Rgds

Rajesh Kumar

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

bernhardczapp
Level 4
Level 4

Apple Facetime does not support video calls with 3rd party devices as far as I know.