cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ViewMail client for Unity 8.x that supports Windows7, Outlook 2010, SSO?

jonathanwalton
Level 1
Level 1

I apologize if this question has been asked before. It’s difficult to search the forums for Unity 8.x questions and not get swamped with discussions for Unity Connection.

I have users with Windows 7 64bit and Outlook 2010 32bit. We run Unity 8 (not connection) for voicemail. Is there a ViewMail client that will work in this scenario that allows single sign on? To be clear, I don’t want to have to input the user's AD user\pass information into their client, and update it whenever they change their password. The older ViewMail versions that were designed for Unity, not Unity Connection, allowed this.

ViewMail 8.6(7) works with the OS and outlook version, but the SSO option is only for Unity Connection. I cannot use older ViewMail clients as they don’t work with Outlook 2010 or Windows 7.

Am I SOL until we're on Unity Connection?

3 Replies 3

s_mcnally
Level 1
Level 1

Try version 8.6.5

8.6(5) only supports SSO with unity connection, Not Unity 8.x -  unless you know a workaround?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/vmo/release/notes/865cucvmorn.html#wp361237

"Note the following:

The single sign-on feature will only be enabled, if a user have ViewMail for Outlook 8.6(5) and later release and Connection 8.6(1) Engineering Special 17 onwards or Connection 8.6(2) Engineering Special 18 release onwards."

Still hoping someone can give me a solid answer.  Thanks in advance.

Sorry missed the SSO requirement.

You might be able to create an answer file for your install of viewmail and instead of using each user's username and password as required by viewmail's settings, set it to your unity administrator username and password.  I just tested with that and not my credentials and viewmail still functioned.

That's all I got.  Good luck.     

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: