Views
Helpful
Replies

Viking Night Bell K-600D and CME 8.6

wrickk_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm at one of our sites replacing their old (17years) Siemens system with CME 8.6. They have this K-600D connected to the paging adapter, when the receptionist leaves at night she "pushes a button" on the phone for night mode and it rings over the paging system. No idea what that button is sending to the PBX and no way to find out. Anyway, when someone on the plant floor hears the ring they pickup a phone and dial 9187, the call then transfers to that endpoint. It sounds like some sort of call-park, but I really have no clue as I have never configured one of these. If anyone has any experience with setting this up I would GREATLY appreciate the input.

Thanks!                  

2 Replies 2

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

I'm not sure how much I can help on this one, but some thoughts. This solution will really depend on what the paging adapter is and does. If it emulates an analog phone (big if) then there may be a possible solution..

• You would install an FXS port in your CME and SCCP control it - allowing it to be assigned an extension number (DN)
  • The paging adapter would connect to the FXS port.
  • Night mode would simply be the receptionist call forwarding to the DN of the FXS port.
  • Incoming calls would be call forwarded to the paging adapter - which would hopefuly provide ringing through the tannoy.
  • Users would then simply use standard CME Pickup/GPickup to retrieve the call from an IP handset.

As I say, total guesswork as I've never played with one of these adapters.

HTH. Barry

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

Hi Barry,

I think that's correct. I found some documentation for this site (miracle) that states the nightbell extension is 187,  and users dial *9187 to pickup the calls. I'll give it a shot. Thanks much for your time!

Rick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: