Views
Helpful
Replies

Visual call pickup notification duration

phaunschmied
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

After upgrade to CCM4.2.3 we have aktivated the very helpfull feature "visual call pickup notification". But the problem is, that this visual notification appears only for 10 seconds on the display after the notification starts.

Does anyone know, if it's possible to extend this notification time?

Thanks

Peter

16 Replies 16

pharden
Level 1
Level 1

I am sorry I do not have a answer. Only a question. Where did you turn on this option?

Call Pickup Group Notification Settings

From the drop-down list box, choose one of the following notification types:

?No Alert

?Audio Alert

?Visual Alert

?Audio and Visual Alert

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008055b53a.html#wp1041065

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Peter,

I agree with you that this is an excellent new feature! I have looked everywhere for this timer and can't find any setting or parameter :( My thinking is that the 10 seconds could be tied to the Forward No Answer timer on the dialled phone minus the "Call Pickup Group Notification Timer (seconds)"

Hope this helps!

Rob

akleemann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Peter,

we have the same problem.

I opened a case in reffer to this problem.

The answer is.....

There is no solution... please open a feature request.

The notification at status line only appear for 7 sec. After 7 sec the message on display status line disappears.

Basicay it is very imprortant that cisco fix this failure, because in this state the pickup funktion is not practicable. So after 7 sec you can't see the incomming caller in the pickupgroup, and if you use additional the one press pickup functionality you haven't a chance to see who is callin.

The timer also for Callpark have no function in reffer to pickup. But the description said the timer is also for other applications.

MfG

Armin

PS:i hope cisco will fix this issue very fast.

Hello Rob and Armin:

Thank you for your answers. So I know, that a case not will help.

I'll too contact my developer, to open a feature request, so I hope, that Cisco will resolve the bug soon.

Greeting from Austria

Peter

I still can't find this option - in 6.1

I am facing same issue in cucm 9.1.

Did any body has tested the same in cucm 10.5 ?

Regards,

I did in 10.5. The visual notification duration is controlled by the "call park display timer" service parameter. Increasing this parameter causes an increase in the visual notification popup duration on the phone display.

regards

Thank you Daniele, 

That did the trick for me as well, both in version 10.5 and 11.X

Hello,

It works on desphone devices but it doesn't with CSF. I have changed the call park display timer, it works very fine with a 9971 desphone but it doesn't change anything with Jabber client even though both devices are in the same pickup group :S

@+ 

Thx for the hint.

With 11.5 I can reduce the time below 10s, however I never get beyond 10s which is the default. Is there any other dependency ?

Regards

svendombrowski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

add the following to the jabber config XML under "Policies"

<CallPickupNotificationTimeoutInMilliseconds>16000</CallPickupNotificationTimeoutInMilliseconds>

For a 16 sec Pop Up

Now the window will last 16 seconds. Regardless the Call has ended or not

HTH

Sven

Hi @svendombrowski ,

Can I ask you from where do you have this information? :)
Because I cannot find this parameter in any reference guide or other doc..
br, markus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: