cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMports not registering

victor2008
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to get UCM 6.1 and Unity Connection 2.1 integrated. We have went through the integration steps. However I get a fast busy when I dial vm pilot and I see that VM ports are not registering. I went to Unity Connection and ran the Check Telephony Configuration and it comes back with no erros. I have restared boxes and still vm ports not registering. Any ideas of where to look? CTI manager is running and cti ports for other things like UCCX are working without issue.

thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Victor,

Wee just ran into this exact problem in the lab when building UC. This was our problem (naming convention). Once the prefix names matched up everything came to life right away!

On the Cisco Voice Mail Server page, the name of the voice mail server appears. We recommend that you accept the default name for the voice mail server. If you must use a different name, however, the name must have no more than nine characters.

The voice mail server name must match the Device Name Prefix field in Cisco Unity Connection on the Port Group Basics page for the voice messaging ports.

Device Name Prefix

***Enter the prefix that Cisco Unified CM adds to the device name for voice ports. This prefix must match the prefix used by Cisco Unified CM.

For example the prefix might be UVM1- XXXX this must match in both CCM and UC.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cucintcucmskinny070.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Victor,

Wee just ran into this exact problem in the lab when building UC. This was our problem (naming convention). Once the prefix names matched up everything came to life right away!

On the Cisco Voice Mail Server page, the name of the voice mail server appears. We recommend that you accept the default name for the voice mail server. If you must use a different name, however, the name must have no more than nine characters.

The voice mail server name must match the Device Name Prefix field in Cisco Unity Connection on the Port Group Basics page for the voice messaging ports.

Device Name Prefix

***Enter the prefix that Cisco Unified CM adds to the device name for voice ports. This prefix must match the prefix used by Cisco Unified CM.

For example the prefix might be UVM1- XXXX this must match in both CCM and UC.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cucintcucmskinny070.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

that was it. Thank you very much:)

Hi Victor,

You are most welcome :) That one threw us for a bit of a loop.

Take care,

Rob

I'm trying to add VM ports using SCCP integration and am having an issue with my VM ports registering.

In the Unified Communication Manager Port Wizard, I use:

Cisco Voice Mail Server: CiscoUM1 -> and it creates a device (eg. CiscoUM1-VI1)

In Unity Connection, I try to add a Port using CiscoUM1-VI as the Device Name Prefix and it adds -xxx to the name (eg. CiscoUM1-VI-001) and in both instances I am unable to edit either entry in attempt to match the two values.

Also, if I try to manually enter a VM Port and name it using the UC Port Name (CiscoUM1-VI-001), I get "Cisco Voice Mail Port Names must end with "-VIn" where "n" is a port number (from 1 to 144)".

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

Nevermind, for whatever reason the ports just started registering after I recreated them for the tenth time...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: