Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice and data over the same VPN tunnel

sugarriver
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are planning to upgrade the Internet-facing routers in our network. We are looking to consolidate existing data and VOIP routers at each branch into one router. We would like an opinion whether our plan will work.

The Internet connections are as follows:  Main Office A: 50/10 Comcast (data and voice routers have static IPs and share cable modem) Office B : 50/10 Comcast (data and voice routers have static IPs and share cable modem) Office C, D and E: 20/5 Comcast (data and voice routers have static IPs and share cable modem) Office F: 25/5 DSL (Data and voice have their own DSL connections, voice DSL connection is 7/1; though we just updated the data DSL from 15/1 and are looking to consolidate) Currently, all locations have a VPN tunnel to our Managed Security Provider. They monitor Internet and interoffice traffic. They monitor and control all DATA routers.
Branch offices have 3-5 people and VOIP is used only for calls between offices. All offices except Office B are within 30 miles of each other. B is 50 miles away from the fatherst office.

I have attached a couple of pictures for clarity. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think it will work

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tagir Temirgaliyev
Spotlight
Spotlight

what do you mean 50/10 ? 50 mbit pro second data and 10 mbit pro second voice? if they share cable modem so how? or 50 maximum and 10 minimum bandwidth?

how 871 voice router connected to  avay phone switch ? E1 or T1 or SIP IP

ttemirgaliyev,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry I wasn/t clear. 50/10 is 50Mb download and 10 Mb upload speeds.

The 871 voice routers are connected directly via ethernet cable to the Avaya switches.

I think it will work

Thank you very much for taking the time to look at this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: