cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Gateway FXS Analog off hook creating CDR records

petewilson
Level 1
Level 1

We have a lot of analog extensions that can be accidentally left off hook for long periods. They are on VG350 gateways setup as SCCP to CUCM 10.5. When they are off hook, they have dialtone, followed by a call cannot be completed as dialed message, 20 seconds of busy/error tone, a delay, and then it repeats the call cannot be completed message.

Each time this repeats, a CDR record is generated for the phone off-hook. We have the zero duration flag set to false, but since this is considered an error, a CDR record is generated anyway.

Is there a way to have the phone just disconnect or stay in a busy state without repeating this loop and generated CDR records every minute?

9 Replies 9

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Not sure if this might work, but there are 2 timers you can configure on each voice-port:

timeouts call-disconnect
timeouts wait-release

Anyway, you can give it a try and see if it makes any change.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

call-disconnect applies to FXO ports and not FXS ports. It had no effect.

wait-release had no effect.

I begin to think sccp FXS ports controlled by stcapp ignore most voice-port configuration statements.

Hi, may I know what signaling are you using? Loop start or ground start

We are using the FXS default, which I believe is Loop start.

Hi

Just wondering, what kind of application is this, that is causing FXS ports to go Off Hook and being stuck there?

Regards

We have hundreds of patient phones and patients aren't always careful to hang up their bed phones, especially since they use an electronic hook button.

ksheth001
Level 1
Level 1

I am having similar situation, were you able to solve this ?

Hello ksheth001, did you ever figure this out and correct the behaviour? Are you able to share? Thanks, Nathan.

UrbanPeasant
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Pete, did you ever figure out what was happening here, and correct the problem? We have a similar situation with analogue phones in public areas on campus that end up slightly off the receiver hook for one reason or another, and so present the very same problem you were investigating.
Thanks, Nathan.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: