cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Gateway SRST Failover, Phones not Failing?

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

We have recently moved away from MPLS to the WAN VPN for our call set up and tear down.  We attempted to trigger a failover by setting up a null route at the firewall to send traffic for the call manager publisher and subscriber to a null route.  Once I did this I attempted pinging the publisher and subscriber from the gateway and the pings failed, but the phones stayed registered??  I waited for about 15 mins and the phones never failed into SRST.  I also performed pings from the switches and they also failed, still the phones stayed registered to the call manager.  Is there anyone here on the forums that has seen this strange behavior?  We have our call managers running on version 8.5 and our gateway is a 2951 running on ios 15.1.

Does anyone here have any insight?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Rgds,

Vicky

8 Replies 8

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

There is another route to the CUCM Severs?

Did you tried to put an ACL? Be careful with the ACL and the way you apply.

The SRST worked before? Do you already experimented a real WAN outage and the phones get registered to the router?

Other thing what of protocol are you using with the phones?  SCCP or SIP?

Thanks!

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

There is a summary route but we singled out the specific IP's of the call manager publisher and subscriber and any traffic to those servers appeared to be failing.  Traceroutes showed the traffic failing to the publisher and subscriber as well. 

We had a brief WAN outage a week or so before and hit a registration error that is a documented issue since Cisco now requires srst licenses be purchased separately.  We added the commands to the CLI to correct the license issue with SRST but then we could not fail the office over to SRST. 

We use SCCP for the phones.  We have not tried an ACL, how would you suggest that be set up?

Thank you for your input here.

Rgds,

Vicky

Before to test the ACL do you add to the SRST Reference on the device pool of this phones?

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

shaikh ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Goto Navigation then Cisco unified OS administration ,ping your phone from there if it is reach able there must be network reachability . Also check in service parameter configuration check "station keep alive interval."

Br

Sibrahim

Hi,

Our station keep alive interval is set to 30 seconds.  I will use the OS admin ping function to see whats happening from the direction of the call manager when I test the failover again. 

Thank you.

Rgds,

Vicky

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

Create an ACL to block TCP port 2000.

Vicky,

You should not be changing any timers, phones will register with SRST relatively quickly, you do not want it to be instant in case of circuit flaps.  Review your configuration, ensure the phone's Device Pool has SRST referenced which matches the IP address defined as IP SOURCE on the SRST configuration, in fact please post your relevant config.

For testing apply ACL that either blocks port 2000 (as suggested) or simply IP hosts of all CUCM servers, you can apply it in several places, i.e. WAN interface, switch Voice VLAN interface, switch egress to router interface, somewhere that would block the traffic between the phones and the centralized CUCM servers.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Here are the sections of the config that relate to SRST from our gateway below.  I am going to schedule a new maintenance window to try to fail the office over again in the next day or so.  I will keep everyone posted.:

call-manager-fallback

max-conferences 8 gain -6

transfer-system full-consult

ip source-address 10.108.59.4 port 2000

max-ephones 96

max-dn 192 dual-line preference 2

system message primary Network Outage

dialplan-pattern 1 310255.... extension-length 4

transfer-pattern .T

voicemail 14155412701

call-forward pattern .T

call-forward busy 14155412989

call-forward noan 14155412989 timeout 15

moh SampleAudioSource.wav

multicast moh 239.1.1.110 port 16400 route 10.108.59.4

!

!

ccm-manager fallback-mgcp

ccm-manager redundant-host USSFO1CCL01

ccm-manager mgcp

no ccm-manager fax protocol cisco

ccm-manager music-on-hold

ccm-manager config server 10.109.54.50 10.109.54.51

ccm-manager config

call-manager-fallback
max-conferences 8 gain -6
transfer-system full-consult
ip source-address 10.108.59.4 port 2000
max-ephones 96
max-dn 192 dual-line preference 2
system message primary Network Outage
dialplan-pattern 1 310255.... extension-length 4
transfer-pattern .T
voicemail 14155412701
call-forward pattern .T
call-forward busy 14155412989
call-forward noan 14155412989 timeout 15
moh SampleAudioSource.wav
multicast moh 239.1.1.110 port 16400 route 10.108.59.4
!
!

ccm-manager fallback-mgcp
ccm-manager redundant-host USSFO1CCL01
ccm-manager mgcp
no ccm-manager fax protocol cisco
ccm-manager music-on-hold
ccm-manager config server 10.109.54.50 10.109.54.51
ccm-manager config

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: