Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Gateway

Hary_CsC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Guys

I just installed Voice Gateway and the version I got was 17.5.
I read the license, it should be CSLU.
CSLU Windows on-prem has not been installed, can the router for calls still work?

I see that there is no longer eval.

Thank You

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

As i mentioned Starting with IOS-XE 17.3.2 / 17.4.1 there is no evaluation mode.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Because that there is no actual "policing" made for SL licensing. So even if you would be out of compliance it will still operate as normal.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

AFAIK, with smart license enabled you get 90 days time.

Response Signature

Hai

How do i get info on router 90 days ?

Thank You

Show license 

Response Signature

Hai

So the first time I boot the router license eval will be active? including CLUP?

Because my Router Voice Gateway version is 17.5

Thank You

On your version, that is Smart License only, smart licensing is enabled natively in IOS. You have three options for how to communicate with SSM, call home, smart transport or CSLU, where CSLU is the recommended option to use. If you have an on-prem SSM and it’s one of the three latest versions it can handle CSLU communication, so you should not need to have a CSLU system as such.

Response Signature

Hai @Roger Kallberg 

Have a Nice day.

It means that in version 17.5, I can't call out or in until I connect to CSSM, right?

Because before the 16.x version on the router there was still a 90-day evaluation so I still got incoming or outgoing calls (cube).

Thank You

There is still an evaluation period in all versions of IOS. You can pass calls as long as the license evaluation period is ongoing. No need to connect with SSM for this specific, but long term you’ll have to.

Response Signature

Hai @Roger Kallberg 

Thank you for the explain, you always give an explanation that is easy to understand.

I want to ask another question, where can I show evaluation? (used to be "show license details")

Maybe because I haven't "AdvUCSuiteK9 boot suite license" ?

Show Ver License.JPG

Thank You

Starting with IOS-XE 17.3.2 / 17.4.1 all product running these versions of software will only support Smart Licensing Using Policy

The Smart Licensing Using Policy simplifies the day-0 operations for customers. The product will not boot in evaluation-mode, per product software, registration is not required, and on-going communication every 30 days with the Cisco cloud is not required. However, license use compliance does require software reporting. Reporting is and can be done:•From Cisco factory. when all new purchases include a Smart Account on an order •Using Cisco DNA Center on-prem controller (December 2020 release)•Smart Software Manager (SSM) on-prem (February 2021)•Cisco Smart Licnesing Utility (CSLU) lite-windows application•Via APIs / CLIs for any 3rd party system•Directly to a Smart Account

asdasdAD.PNG

https://community.cisco.com/t5/smart-licensing-enterprise/smart-licensing-and-smart-accounts-faq-for-partners-distributors/ta-p/3610585

Response Signature

Hai @Nithin Eluvathingal 

Have a nice day.

Yes, yesterday I read that , please let me know if my voice gateway router can still be used for calls, that's all I want to know.

Thank You

Report is required within 90 days only when there is a change in software use. AFAIK it should work for 90 days.

Response Signature

Hai @Nithin Eluvathingal @Roger Kallberg 

I tried to outgoing call with VG router ver 17.5, but why can't I call? maybe someone knows result of translationx?

Thank You

Post the output from debug voip ccapi inout and either debug ccsip message or debug isdn q931 depending upon what type of connection you have to PSTN.

Response Signature

Provide us a bit more info regarding your setup. And kindly share the debugs @Roger Kallberg  mentioned.

Response Signature