Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Hunt-group name display

amatamalas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a voice hunt-group in a CME 10.5 but looks like I can't make the name of the hunt group to be displayed on the called phone. This is my setup:

voice hunt-group 3 parallel
 phone-display
 final 431
 list 421,440
 pilot 500 secondary 10500
 description Test hunt group 
 name TEST secondary TEST-SECONDARY

According to the documentation this feature is available since CME 9.5

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/cmecover.html#pgfId-1218644

When I call the hunt-group from the outside of the CME, I just see the Caller number presented, but no trace about the Hunt group name. 

Any ideas why this is not working? Is there any additional setup on the ephone or ephone-dn required?

Regards,

Antoni Matamalas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Let me confirm this, are you trying to display the hunt-pilot name on calling phone or final destination which is usually voice mail.

This feature will enable the forwarder which is hunt-pilot to send its name along with the number to the final destination. I won't send the called name to calling phone.

Hope this is clear now.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi,

What phone are you calling from and whether it is using SIP or SCCP? Also, is it registered with same CME?

Hi,

the call is done from the outside of the CME via a SIP-Trunk. The secondary pilot number is registered in the external SIP server using the "credentials" command under SIP-UA section. The voice hunt group has two members that are SIP phones and two that are SCCP. I know that the Hunt group Name is only supported on the SCCPs phones, so I was expecting the NAME to be presented to the two SCCP members.

I have also tried calling from another SCCP phone registered in the same CME, but only the calling number is being presented in this case too.

Thanks for your help!

Can you try to remove the SIP phones from the hunt-group and test?

I have tried leaving only the SCCPs phones, unfortunately the behaviour is the same as before showing only the caller number "From XXXX". I have tried call from the outside via SIP-TRUNK and call from another local SCCP phone in the same CME

Let me confirm this, are you trying to display the hunt-pilot name on calling phone or final destination which is usually voice mail.

This feature will enable the forwarder which is hunt-pilot to send its name along with the number to the final destination. I won't send the called name to calling phone.

Hope this is clear now.

Thank you very much for that clarification. I misread the documentation about the feature! It's a pity that we can't have the name presentation also on the calling phone. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: