Helpful
Replies

Voice Mail for HUNT PILOT

Aadhil Salim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

Can you please help on this.

we have a pilot number associated with 4 DN's. and I want to set up voicemail option for this pilot number. I referred some non cisco docs and am not satisfied with the methods.  can anyone give me step step guide to resolve this issue. 

Thanks in advance .

9 Replies 9

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have done a post on this a while ago:

https://ciscoshizzle.blogspot.com/2014/04/hunt-group-and-call-forward-no-answer.html

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

nd Hi Dennis ,

Thank you for your response. 

I am interested in Method  2. I l brief about my setup.

one pilot number associated to 4 DN's. no-answered or busy forward to voice mail 1001001000. 

the call is lading on voice mail. The customer is complaining they are not able to retrieve the VM from hunt pilot. 

can you please tell me more about your method 2. really appreciate your help on this matter. 

what do they mean by "The customer is complaining they are not able to retrieve the VM from hunt pilot."?

maybe assign the individual huntgroup members' extension as alternate extensions to the voicemail. so cuc allows them to pull the Voicemails for the huntgroup.

Customer tried to access the voice mail from agent(Pilot associated DN ) desk phone . But it fails. (because there is no configuration found in unity to retrieve ) can you please tell me about your step 2.

- thanks

Aadhil

so in your case. say hunt pilot is x1000 , set its call forward busy or noan to go to your, already existing Voicemail pilot.

when someone calls 1000 and is not picked up, the call then goes to CUC and will look for a VM box for extension 1000.

1000 is obviously not a user, so you will need to create a call handler with that extension.  have you done that?

cheer

you are absolutely correct. no I unity connection configuration is pending. can you tell me how to do it

check this post i done on call handlers:

https://ciscoshizzle.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/cisco-unity-connection-call-handlers.html

Thanks a lot !

Method 2 is the best option.

Enrique

I've done this by just creating a normal user and mailbox in Unity with the extension matching the hunt pilot number.  Then create a DN in Callmanager but in a hidden partition, so it doesn't conflict with the hunt pilot.  This DN can be added only phones with text label something like "Reception Voicemail", firstly that means the phone gets a visual indication if there's voicemail left. Secondly it gives a quick way to access the VM .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: