cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice mail of phone model CP-6921 is on with a user that does not have licence to voice mail.

Raphael.Dias
Level 1
Level 1

Hi people!

I Have a CUCM 8.5. Some user who do not have voice mail licence and use phone model CP-6921 have the voice mail buttom on.

I alread tried the options below but it does not works.

You can refresh the MWI states on subscribers' phones in two ways:
You can refresh a particular subscriber's MWI using the mwi refresh telephonenumber numbercommand in the Cisco Unity Express CLI.

You can refresh MWI for all the subscribers in your Cisco CME system using the mwi refresh allcommand.

You can perform both operations via the GUI by navigating to the Voice Mail > Message Waiting Indicators > Refresh window.

Someone knows who to help me?

8 Replies 8

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Have you created a voicemail box for this user ?

Whether a call rolls to voicemail is not dependent on the model of phone, but depends on the configuration of the DN.

One of the default voicemail profiles built into the CUCM system is the 'No Voicemail' profile. Assign that profile to the user's DN. This will cause the phone to ring for the system default number of seconds (12) and then the call will (I believe) get a fast-busy.

Alternately, change the Call Forward No Answer and Call Forward Busy settings on the DN to *not* have the checkbox for Voicemail checked. This will cause the phone to ring until the caller hangs up.

Wait.... Are you saying that the "I have a voicemail" light is on for a phone that does not have a voicemail box?

And you are using Unity Express. Hmmm.... I wonder if performing a "Reset All Settings" on the phone would clear the light. (That is not the same thing as doing a factory reset, but a factory reset would also clear the light.)

It can sounds strange but is right. The voice mail button is on without a licence to voice mail. I already tried to reset the phone. Unfortunelly is does not work.

Voicemail button has nothing to do with the license. Irrespective of the fact whether this user has a voicemail box or not does not prevent the CME or CUCM to configure/activate the voicemail button in general.
What do you see in the output for "sh voicemail mailboxes" ? Does this user have a new voicemail ?

OK. If you did a factory reset on the phone and the light is still on, then Unity Express believes that one of the DNs on the phone either has a box or is set to receive MWI for another DN.

I'd say set up a WireShark capture to see what is flowing out of your CUE host router to the IP address of the phone, then reset the phone so you can capture what it sent to it by CUE. You can use the tool at the URL below to configure the router to capture a .pcap file limited to the destination IP address of the phone in question. (So the file isn't too awfully big.)

https://cway.cisco.com/tools/CaptureGenAndAnalyse

Then you will want to FTP the .pcap file off of your router to an FTP server with the following command:

monitor capture buffer CAP-BUF export ftp://<ip.of.ftp.server>/MyCapture.pcap

Let us know what you find.

It does not works yet. I tried all tips.

Refer to my last post and send the requested information. Also share a "show run" from the CUE along with the extension for this user.