cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voice mail

dave dave
Level 1
Level 1

hi! I'm using cm7. I've deleted the extension's voicemail, but at the user's ip phone, the voice mail "red light" is still on and blinking. How do i remove that? Thanks.

6 Replies 6

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dave,

In the VM configurations on CCM, you will see that you have defined an MWI on/off extension (one for on, one for off).  Depending upon the CSS that is necessary to dial these numbers, you may be able to simply go off hook and dial the MWI off extension and this will remove the red light.

You could also temporarily assign the proper CSS to the line and do the same thing as above, if needed and then reconfigure the proper CSS for the user.

Lastly, did you simply change the extension of a VM box or did you actually delete the VM subscriber?  That may help explain where this is coming from.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

hi! I tried searching through the voice mail config in CCM, but i can't find any WMI on/off extension.

I deleted the mailbox.

Any idea? Thanks.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dave,

Just to add a note to the great tips from Hailey (+5)

To find the MWI-On and MWI-Off numbers from CUCM admin;

Feature> Voicemail> Message Waiting> Find and List

Cheers!

Rob

Here is a link to instructions on how to locate the MWI DN's configured on your system

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_1/ccmcfg/b05vmmwi.html#wp1055698

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

hi! I searched, but there isn't any extension found. I'm using ccm 7. Is there a different in configuration? i know the extension number used for the voicemail, but doens't seems to be able to find it in the voice mail config section. The voicemail is working, just that we've this red light blinking issue in quite a number of users. pls refer to the scrnshot attached. Thks

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dave,

From the third drop-down list box (on your screen capture) can you try On or Off instead of Both

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: